Messages

Forum Index : Boxing : Messages Page 1 of 4  1 2 3 4  
Author: [Boxing] Topic: Mayweather vs Pacquiao (if and why)
ZOUK send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
ZOUK
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 1121
Location: New York
#1
Posted: 5/6/2012 1:18:29 AM
The reason Mayweather is hesitant is inside Manny's short arms with speed give him the tactical, which Floyd doesn't like. Manny can fire while being hit as well. It is something Floyd has hesitated for a long time on, but at distance he owns Manny. The conditions for the fight determine the outcome. I've said it won't happen unless they both are active in a year or few!
Manny wanted this fight. He has lost, and doesn't need to have an impressive record to be impressive. Floyd wants to retire undefeated!
quote
Jerseyboy89 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
Jerseyboy89
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1627
Location:
#2
Posted: 5/6/2012 1:27:12 AM
no, Floyd would dominate this fight and stop Pacquiao.  There's no way in hell Pacquiao would get in range.  Floyd would systematically break Pac down and stop in mid fight.  

Floyd would control distance, land his jab and right hands at will, and towards rounds 5-7 will go in for the kill.  

Freddie Roach is even quoted as saying Pacquiao needs to be at his best or he might not last.  That tells me everything I need to know,.  
quote
ZOUK send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
ZOUK
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 1121
Location: New York
#3
Posted: 5/6/2012 1:29:25 AM
OK...under 7 u had??? Did my TRIANGLE THEORY WORK???? YES!
quote
LawsonJames
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
LawsonJames
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 31214
Location: California
#4
Posted: 5/6/2012 1:29:36 AM
Only reason stopping it in my opinion is money.

Floyd wants 60% and Pacquiao wants 50-50


quote
ZOUK send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
ZOUK
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 1121
Location: New York
#5
Posted: 5/6/2012 1:31:39 AM
Everyone knows you are a joke. Yes Floyd most likely would win, but he wants Manny as they both decline, leaving pure technique!!! Floyd plays the fights and fans like a chess master... he gets paid for fights that are over before they even start@! The conditions create the fight. Hagler vs Leonard... Leonard made 12rnd and wouldn't go 15 with Hagler for good reason. He picked the ring, gloves, attendees..etc! LOL
quote
ZOUK send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
ZOUK
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 1121
Location: New York
#6
Posted: 5/6/2012 1:33:25 AM
LawsonJames: Check the history... Manny offered less already... then whoops, Floyd has jail time, NO FIGHT. But why does he get to fight Cotto? Think about it, really! GL buddy@
quote
Kaname484 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Kaname484
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 2997
Location: North Carolina
#7
Posted: 5/6/2012 1:33:47 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by LawsonJames:

Only reason stopping it in my opinion is money.

Floyd wants 60% and Pacquiao wants 50-50




And the fact mayweather still thinks pac is on roids
quote
Jerseyboy89 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
Jerseyboy89
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1627
Location:
#8
Posted: 5/6/2012 1:42:55 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ZOUK:

LawsonJames: Check the history... Manny offered less already... then whoops, Floyd has jail time, NO FIGHT. But why does he get to fight Cotto? Think about it, really! GL buddy@

You're really dumb and misinformed.  Manny is quoted as aying he would take less than 50/50 to get the fight done.  You want a source I';; provide it, but let's get on with this history schooling.  Mayweather took the bait and now wanted 60/40, in which he's entitled since he...generates more money.

Anyway, the only reason why mayweather is fighting because he legally did a magnificant move.  he announed his may 5th date MONTHS before actually fighting.  This was used for INSURANCE in his court case.  Now all he did was actually told eh judge he was obligated to fight, and the court obliged.  Great legal team.  


quote
ZOUK send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
ZOUK
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 1121
Location: New York
#9
Posted: 5/6/2012 1:43:44 AM
Is using Lidocaine? Basically numbing pain? To me, yes. many Boxers use it. I had similar probs, but it was by wrists and forearms couldn't handle my punching power at 147lbs when I was 17! It took several years to build tendons around, not the muscle itself. Most injuries are caused as muscle gains 3 to 4 times faster than tendon (muscle to bone) and ligaments (bone to bone). Thus people go to fast with weights and nearly every athletes injuries stems from weight training (unknowingly). I got some great information from Russian Scientist who did a 30 year study. It's not published, but some books are for those truly interest in peak performance. The key to staying in shape and the best way not to get hurt is prevention. Smart training, not just hardcore training with weights! Bad weight lifting material ruined many (could have been) greats and HOF athletes if they didn't get mislead!
quote
Jerseyboy89 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
Jerseyboy89
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1627
Location:
#10
Posted: 5/6/2012 1:52:52 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ZOUK:

Is using Lidocaine? Basically numbing pain? To me, yes. many Boxers use it. I had similar probs, but it was by wrists and forearms couldn't handle my punching power at 147lbs when I was 17! It took several years to build tendons around, not the muscle itself. Most injuries are caused as muscle gains 3 to 4 times faster than tendon (muscle to bone) and ligaments (bone to bone). Thus people go to fast with weights and nearly every athletes injuries stems from weight training (unknowingly). I got some great information from Russian Scientist who did a 30 year study. It's not published, but some books are for those truly interest in peak performance. The key to staying in shape and the best way not to get hurt is prevention. Smart training, not just hardcore training with weights! Bad weight lifting material ruined many (could have been) greats and HOF athletes if they didn't get mislead!

Ok, I'm done responding to you, you're mentally ill.  
quote
gridironguy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
gridironguy
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 5296
Location:
#11
Posted: 5/6/2012 1:57:05 AM
they wont fight unless ONE of the or both needs the money or loses first, and then has to take the fight by giving into the other.

neither wants to deal with the other's garbage because they both think they are the pound for pound best

it's not about money or percent, it's about respect

manny feels disrespected about the PED allegations, now it's the money at 6-40

neither really wants to deal with the other

no fight when they are both in their primes

ive been saying this to everyone i know for nearly 3 yrs now

i stick by it
quote
HumanCalculator send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
HumanCalculator
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 129
Location:
#12
Posted: 5/6/2012 2:02:26 AM
If?  No, it won't happen.

Why?  I have long been over caring about this mythical matchup, and only care about fights that actually happen.
quote
ZOUK send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
ZOUK
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 1121
Location: New York
#13
Posted: 5/6/2012 2:37:30 AM
I agree. But I see so many BS reasons why the fight wont happen.
quote
bhawksfan send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
bhawksfan
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2521
Location:
#14
Posted: 5/6/2012 4:59:54 AM

it seems like mayweather is always coming up with excuses, he is scared of pacquaio

quote
hawks4 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
hawks4
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 978
Location: Canada
#15
Posted: 5/6/2012 6:40:16 AM
pacqiaio ppv fights don't make as much as mayweathers do.
so why should it be a 50/50 split.
Mayweather 40 million
simple as that
quote
sunset send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
sunset
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 2357
Location: Canada
#16
Posted: 5/6/2012 4:07:18 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by hawks4:

pacqiaio ppv fights don't make as much as mayweathers do.
so why should it be a 50/50 split.
Mayweather 40 million
simple as that


Why should box get more than pac? Mayweather still hasnt fought MARGARITO!! He still needs to prove that he can beat Margarito!!
quote
DaBestEver24
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
DaBestEver24
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2486
Location: Hawaii
#17
Posted: 5/6/2012 6:19:14 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by sunset:



Why should box get more than pac? Mayweather still hasnt fought MARGARITO!! He still needs to prove that he can beat Margarito!!
Mayweather doesnt need to fight margarito. Margarito would lose by stoppage from a fucked up face in the 9th round
quote
walktheline send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
walktheline
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 4526
Location: Pennsylvania
#18
Posted: 5/6/2012 6:31:05 PM
I can't believe how silly this debate has become. It's very simple why this fight hasn't happened yet.

You can fight 5 "name fighters" that have little chance to win at 30-40 million a pop. That's 200 million. Why risk your current earning power on a fight that will pay 50-60 million? 

Do you think the loser of the fight will still be able to demand 30-40 million dollars a fight after the loss? Absolutely not. Of course they'll still draw and earn, but at a significantly lower level after that.

It's is ALL ABOUT THE MONEY, but not nearly in the way people perceive it as a squabble of the purse of that particular fight. In fact, that's the least relevant detail when you compare it to their post-fight earnings.

Lastly, Mayweather loathes Bob Arum. They'll need to be a neutral third party to mediate negotiations or it will never get done. Until they both concede that the fight won't happen.
quote
thesoulpurpose
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: bet365 |
thesoulpurpose
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1071
Location: Quebec
#19
Posted: 5/6/2012 7:29:13 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by walktheline:

I can't believe how silly this debate has become. It's very simple why this fight hasn't happened yet.

You can fight 5 "name fighters" that have little chance to win at 30-40 million a pop. That's 200 million. Why risk your current earning power on a fight that will pay 50-60 million? 

Do you think the loser of the fight will still be able to demand 30-40 million dollars a fight after the loss? Absolutely not. Of course they'll still draw and earn, but at a significantly lower level after that.

It's is ALL ABOUT THE MONEY, but not nearly in the way people perceive it as a squabble of the purse of that particular fight. In fact, that's the least relevant detail when you compare it to their post-fight earnings.

Lastly, Mayweather loathes Bob Arum. They'll need to be a neutral third party to mediate negotiations or it will never get done. Until they both concede that the fight won't happen.
that is one hell of a good point and I agree, but it is a shame when 2 milti millionaire fighters who have made more than enough to live extravigantly for the rest of their lives, don't just go in their and see who the best is, be men, take the drug tests, make it a 50 -50 split and lets see who is better, boxing used to be about proving who the best is, in this case they care more about money then their legacy's that will live on forever and this troubles me very much. we need to sit these guys down and let them watch some ezzard charles, ike williams, archie moore, tony canzoneri,gene fullmer,carmine basilio (just to name a few) fights, they fought with such great pride, to them the money was secondary, they fought first to prove that they were number one, the way it should be. suck up your pride at the nagotiation table and settle this garbage in the friggin ring, they way they used to do it.
quote
walktheline send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
walktheline
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 4526
Location: Pennsylvania
#20
Posted: 5/6/2012 8:34:23 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by thesoulpurpose:

that is one hell of a good point and I agree, but it is a shame when 2 milti millionaire fighters who have made more than enough to live extravigantly for the rest of their lives, don't just go in their and see who the best is, be men, take the drug tests, make it a 50 -50 split and lets see who is better, boxing used to be about proving who the best is, in this case they care more about money then their legacy's that will live on forever and this troubles me very much. we need to sit these guys down and let them watch some ezzard charles, ike williams, archie moore, tony canzoneri,gene fullmer,carmine basilio (just to name a few) fights, they fought with such great pride, to them the money was secondary, they fought first to prove that they were number one, the way it should be. suck up your pride at the nagotiation table and settle this garbage in the friggin ring, they way they used to do it.

I agree. They say they love the sport yet won't deal with inconveniences necessary to make the fight that would have defined the last decade of the sport. That's like Leonard never fighting Hagler, Hearns or Duran. No Hagler v Hearns. No Ali v Frazier. No Tyson v Holyfield. 

It's unacceptable at this point. Personally, they both can go darn themselves at this point. There is no way to send a message other than choose to support fighters that are willing to make and take the best fights available. 
quote
LarryParker send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
LarryParker
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 645
Location: California
#21
Posted: 5/7/2012 2:16:47 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by walktheline:


I agree. They say they love the sport yet won't deal with inconveniences necessary to make the fight that would have defined the last decade of the sport. That's like Leonard never fighting Hagler, Hearns or Duran. No Hagler v Hearns. No Ali v Frazier. No Tyson v Holyfield. 

It's unacceptable at this point. Personally, they both can go darn themselves at this point. There is no way to send a message other than choose to support fighters that are willing to make and take the best fights available. 

Finally someone with some sense.  I've been saying this for the last couple of years.  That's why I don't waste my time or money buying Mayweather's shows.  I don't care how entertaining some idiots think his shows are, including this last fight, the Cotto mismatch.  Floyd says, "I gave the fans what they wanted!"  Really Floyd?  Cause the last I checked Cotto was in the ring AND NOT Pacquiao.  That's what I want, I want to see Mayweather vs. Pacquiao.  Period.  Won't waste my time or money watching anything else involving Mayweather.  Who won by the way? 

quote
MoneySRH
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
MoneySRH
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 7688
Location: Texas
#22
Posted: 5/7/2012 6:10:17 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Jerseyboy89:

no, Floyd would dominate this fight and stop Pacquiao.  There's no way in hell Pacquiao would get in range.  Floyd would systematically break Pac down and stop in mid fight.  

Floyd would control distance, land his jab and right hands at will, and towards rounds 5-7 will go in for the kill.  

Freddie Roach is even quoted as saying Pacquiao needs to be at his best or he might not last.  That tells me everything I need to know,.  


Pac has 38 wins by KO

Every time Pac stepped in the ring, he knew he could lose. Pac has fought the best of the best.

The only people, who think May, can beat Pac, are black people riding his balls.

May has 26 wins by KO

May has fought hand picked, carefully selected opponents, and all the big names, at the end of their careers.

It’s the most artificial record in boxing history!

The ONLY reason May gets more PPV buyers is because people tune in to see him LOSE!

When I think of Ali, I think of the greatest of all time.

When I think of Foreman, I think of the thrilla, and one of the greatest, and the grill.

When I think about May, I think hand picked opponents and the first boxer in boxing history to actually be afraid of fighting another boxer. Think about that, a fighter who’s afraid to fight!

They should call May the black wet chiwawa because he is shaking like a freezing soaking wet chiwawa dog. All bark with no bite.
quote
MoneySRH
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
MoneySRH
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 7688
Location: Texas
#23
Posted: 5/7/2012 6:18:43 PM
ZOUK it is about the undefeated streak. He has it in his delusional head that it means something. The wizards went undefeated against the bobcats this season.

The unbeaten 35-year-old champion late Saturday said he’s leaning "80-20" toward retirement.

On a possible Pacquiao fight, Mayweather said, "It’s not going to happen."

It’s not going to happen man. Why, because keep duckin Floyd is afraid of Tong Po from the movie kickboxer.
quote
jpero send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
jpero
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 9317
Location: United States
#24
Posted: 5/7/2012 6:47:28 PM
MoneySRH

well said
quote
thesoulpurpose
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: bet365 |
thesoulpurpose
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1071
Location: Quebec
#25
Posted: 5/7/2012 7:06:13 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by MoneySRH:



Pac has 38 wins by KO

Every time Pac stepped in the ring, he knew he could lose. Pac has fought the best of the best.

The only people, who think May, can beat Pac, are black people riding his balls.

May has 26 wins by KO

May has fought hand picked, carefully selected opponents, and all the big names, at the end of their careers.

It’s the most artificial record in boxing history!

The ONLY reason May gets more PPV buyers is because people tune in to see him LOSE!

When I think of Ali, I think of the greatest of all time.

When I think of Foreman, I think of the thrilla, and one of the greatest, and the grill.

When I think about May, I think hand picked opponents and the first boxer in boxing history to actually be afraid of fighting another boxer. Think about that, a fighter who’s afraid to fight!

They should call May the black wet chiwawa because he is shaking like a freezing soaking wet chiwawa dog. All bark with no bite.
you have no idea what the hell your talking about, the people that think floyd will win are the people that actually know boxing, it's the main stream fans that think pacquiao will win, you mention floyd fighting guys at the end of their careers, manny has done this even more, did you forget , morales, barrera, ledwaba, de la hoya, mosley, hatton, take the same critisism that you have for floyd and point it towards pacquiao, in life people always side with the good guy,(manny) and go against the bad guy (floyd) as clearly you are doing.  floyd will give manny fits with his boxing skills, add to the fact that physically floyd will be stronger, he is obviously smarter, better defensively, a better inside fighter, pacquiao will have advantages in combanation punching and a slight advantage in power, as for speed, right now I think floyd has slowed a great deal over the last couple of years so manny will get the nod in my book,   but it goes back to floyds boxing ability and his ring intelligence, floyd is the master of anticipation and manny is not hard to figure out, he comes straight forward and lets his fast hands go, most of his opponents are simply not fast enough to get out of the way, this is not the case with floyd, manny is a guy that leaves himself open when getting into punching range and this will be the difference in the fight, I used to say that this was a mis match, but as everyone saw on saturday, floyd has lost a step, so the fight will be more competative, with adding more muscle to his frame combined with his age he is not the fighter he once was, physically manny right now is great (marquez just has his ticket) so this one will be a closer fight than it would of been a couple years ago or even 1 year ago for that matter,having said that I still like floyd to use his great boxing skills and catch manny coming in all night long, floyd will win a dec. 117-111 type of thing. manny's only chance to win is by ko, but floyds defence, jab and intelligence will simply not allow for this to happen,   manny has problems with marquez's boxings skills, floyds is bigger, stronger, faster, smarter, better defensively, harder puncher than marquez, BOXERS give pacquiao problems, and in terms of boxing skills from 140 to 154 even past his best floyd still reigns supreme and just for the record I do not like floyd, but in handy capping fights like or dislike has nothing to do with it
quote
Forum Index : Boxing : Messages Page 1 of 4  1 2 3 4  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.