Messages

Forum Index : Mixed Martial Arts : Messages Page 2 of 2  1 2  
Author: [Mixed Martial Arts] Topic: ufc 149 Expert advice
sawman send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
sawman
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 4104
Location: Alberta
#26
Posted: 7/21/2012 5:40:49 PM
Pretty good speed, power, and agility for a fat guy
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
Qncyk1 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Qncyk1
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 1097
Location: Mexico
#27
Posted: 7/21/2012 6:02:58 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Gimmmethatjuice:


Where in there do you reference that they have to be 250? Again not saying that he isnt a FREAK athletically and I'll use the term a physical specimen(notice how I spelled it correctly as well) since you seem to think that all these things equal wins the cage.  Yes you're right I haven't spent much time in a gym to workout because I was busy spending time in a gym where "real athleticism" is displayed, in a BASKETBALL gym.  I played college ball (NAIA) but still college ball nonetheless. Athleticism isn't displayed in a gym with weights, its displayed on a field, a court or a cage.   People saying he is all hype is referring to his MMA ability not his work inside a friggin gym, get a clue.  This isn't a weight lifting competition, its a competition to see who is the more well rounded mixed martial artist and for someone to bring Jordan's prowess in that area into question is not that far fetched.  I mean obviously you are a meathead who thinks how much weight you can lift will in turn make you successful in all facets of life but it doesn't. Again Shawn Jordan is STRONG,ATHLETIC and a PHYSICAL SPECIMEN nobody ever questioned that, they questioned whether or not he is a complete enough MMA fighter to beat Kongo and thats it.  I now look forward to how you can incorporate the word "silly" into your rebuttal.

P.S. Shawn Jordan is STRONG AND ATHLETIC

 

i referenced 250-pounds because that is what jordan weighs. what do you not understand about that? that is what makes him athletic. the fact that he is stong, fast and agile while weighing 250-pounds. youre backtracking here.

five of the top linebackers(vilma,lewis,urlacher,mayo,willis) all have combine 40's in the 4.55-4.58 range. and these guys are all over 6'0 tall. my reference to jordans strength, power and agility also relates to his athletecism, which generally relates(along with technique) to mma fighting.

and i dont think anyone here cares about you and your college basketball because i dont think anyone who ever played on the collegiate or even high school level would ever discredit anyone who is 5'11", bench-presses 600/powercleans 450/somersaults one-handed and backflips and runs 4.5/40's.

now what about those "ten guys on every nfl roster" that are 5'11" 250-pounds that can run a  4.5/40?

and dont try to act stupid not knowing that 250 pounds(jordans weight) was part of the criteria.

 

 

quote
sharpstick send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: M Resort |
sharpstick
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8201
Location: Nevada
#28
Posted: 7/21/2012 6:10:30 PM
quote
Gimmmethatjuice send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Gimmmethatjuice
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 127
Location:
#29
Posted: 7/21/2012 6:18:25 PM
I'm going to put that answer in the "Who gives a garbage" forum.  You must be a meathead because it's not registering.  Please show me where someone questioned his athleticism? Nobody did, dude is a freak.  They questioned his MMA skills and judging by the loss to Devin Cole who again is NOT NEARLY THE ATHLETE that Jordan is, those questions are not without merit.  We won't even get into the issue that the dude was on Roids while at LSU so all those numbers you've been masturbating too all day are all tainted and the result of performance enhancing drugs.  But you win your argument whatever the hell is was in the first place. Oh and the first guy I looked up in the NFL that fit your parameters was patrick willis who was clocked as fast as 4.48 so I will stop looking as its just a waste of my time.
quote
Frank the Bank send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Frank the Bank
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 10774
Location: Pennsylvania
#30
Posted: 7/21/2012 6:26:35 PM
sharpstick has a following but I agree he has douche bag tendencies
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
sharpstick send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: M Resort |
sharpstick
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8201
Location: Nevada
#31
Posted: 7/21/2012 6:29:31 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Frank the Bank:

sharpstick has a following but I agree he has douche bag tendencies


Calling it like I see it, it that is being a douchebag, then I happily accept this as a compliment.  


quote
Gimmmethatjuice send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Gimmmethatjuice
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 127
Location:
#32
Posted: 7/21/2012 6:33:01 PM
Shawn Jordan vs Cheick Kongo in a Bench Press Comptetion, Jordan -800

Jordan vs Kongo in a Power Clean Competition, Jordan -1200

Jordan vs Kongo in a 40 yd Dash, Jordan -2500

Jordan vs Kongo in a standing backflip competition using a 3 judge scoring systyem with a 1-10 scoring system, Jordan -5000

You happy now Qyncyk?? You were right all along he isn't all hype.
quote
Qncyk1 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Qncyk1
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 1097
Location: Mexico
#33
Posted: 7/21/2012 6:36:19 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Gimmmethatjuice:

I'm going to put that answer in the "Who gives a garbage" forum.  You must be a meathead because it's not registering.  Please show me where someone questioned his athleticism? Nobody did, dude is a freak.  They questioned his MMA skills and judging by the loss to Devin Cole who again is NOT NEARLY THE ATHLETE that Jordan is, those questions are not without merit.  We won't even get into the issue that the dude was on Roids while at LSU so all those numbers you've been masturbating too all day are all tainted and the result of performance enhancing drugs.  But you win your argument whatever the hell is was in the first place. Oh and the first guy I looked up in the NFL that fit your parameters was patrick willis who was clocked as fast as 4.48 so I will stop looking as its just a waste of my time.

combine time. not some time on some unregistered track with no officials. combine. everyone knows thats all what counts is combine. did you really participate in college ball? and willis was the last guy on the list(not the first) so you obviously looked at them all and saw willis' unofficial time(he was clocked at the combine at 4.51). again, youre backtracking.

and i guess you now understand that your ten guys on every nfl roster that can run 4.5/40s at 5'11" and 250-pounds was a "silly" statement.

my argument is that you referred to me as "silly" when i referenced jordan and his one-handed somersaults and backflips which you now realize a guy with hype is generally not someone that can perform the aforementioned physical accomplishments along with shawn jordan power and strength statistics.

this forum is here for others to exchenge information that may be relevant to gambling, which is what i have hopefully done regarding shawn jordan and his physical attributes.

what this forum is not here for is to refer to someone as "silly" when said person is providing relevant information.

are we done here?

 

 

 

quote
Gimmmethatjuice send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Gimmmethatjuice
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 127
Location:
#34
Posted: 7/21/2012 6:42:46 PM
No answer to him being on ROIDS? Tha'ts what I thought and Willis was the first guy I looked up because I figured he was the fastest, but again looking something like that up is a waste of time because it has nothing to do with what will happen in the cage.  You betting on Shawn Jordan based on his workout skills while on steroids does.
quote
Gimmmethatjuice send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Gimmmethatjuice
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 127
Location:
#35
Posted: 7/21/2012 6:52:40 PM
Quote:
Former Riverside High School star and current LSU fullback Shawn Jordan has been charged with possession of a controlled substance after allegedly attempting to transport anabolic steroids into El Paso from Juárez. 

According to a police report, the 20-year-old Jordan was arrested at approximately 1 p.m. Tuesday as he tried to cross the Paso del Norte Bridge in Downtown El Paso in a 1996 Ford EXP. 

The 6-foot-1, 242-pound Jordan was stopped by U.S. Customs and Border Inspectors and sent to a secondary area for inspection, where an undisclosed amount of steroids was found. He was booked into the El Paso County jail on a $750 bond.


http://www.borderlandnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050519/SPORTS/505190341/1002 

Before you say something stupid AGAIN I'll save you the embarrassment. now we are done.  Don't bother with another weak rebuttal because I'm leaving for the night.  Good luck with your bets.
quote
Qncyk1 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Qncyk1
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 1097
Location: Mexico
#36
Posted: 7/21/2012 6:52:58 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Gimmmethatjuice:

No answer to him being on ROIDS? Tha'ts what I thought and Willis was the first guy I looked up because I figured he was the fastest, but again looking something like that up is a waste of time because it has nothing to do with what will happen in the cage.  You betting on Shawn Jordan based on his workout skills while on steroids does.

 

and rheem, chael,  forrest, marquadt are not? and they(coleman,radleman,wandy,vitor,rheem)

 were all on roids in pride.

and ive stated it on other threads here. my play is a fade against kongo moreso than a play on jordan. look up kongos recent loss to hunt. it wasnt the overhand right that tool him out. it was the unleveraged counterleft that had him done. he wasnt hurt by it but more the fact that i think his punch resistance is gone. i may be wrong but i just dont think kongo can take shots anymore, however limited those shots are. 

thats what im betting on.

great fights tonight with lombard, kongo and faber. i think ebersole is going to be good as well and took head. went also with faber and of course jordan.

good luck in your plays.

 

quote
Qncyk1 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Qncyk1
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 1097
Location: Mexico
#37
Posted: 7/21/2012 6:58:05 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Gimmmethatjuice:

Quote:
Former Riverside High School star and current LSU fullback Shawn Jordan has been charged with possession of a controlled substance after allegedly attempting to transport anabolic steroids into El Paso from Juárez. 

According to a police report, the 20-year-old Jordan was arrested at approximately 1 p.m. Tuesday as he tried to cross the Paso del Norte Bridge in Downtown El Paso in a 1996 Ford EXP. 

The 6-foot-1, 242-pound Jordan was stopped by U.S. Customs and Border Inspectors and sent to a secondary area for inspection, where an undisclosed amount of steroids was found. He was booked into the El Paso County jail on a $750 bond.


http://www.borderlandnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050519/SPORTS/505190341/1002 

Before you say something stupid AGAIN I'll save you the embarrassment. now we are done.  Don't bother with another weak rebuttal because I'm leaving for the night.  Good luck with your bets.

i think that you are the only person here that thinks ive said "something stupid AGAIN" or had weak rebuttals.

and you would have to be "silly" to think that anyone who benches 600 or powercleans 450 has done so without the help of steriods.

in fact, you would probably be the only person here on the Covers forum.

 

 

quote
Forum Index : Mixed Martial Arts : Messages Page 2 of 2  1 2  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.