Posted: 1/22/2012 5:48:30 PM
Fellow Covers Friends, here is my take and pick for this game:
1) Giants had a tougher schedule. Average power rating of Giants 21.9 versus 49ers 19.5
2) When adding all of the spreads for the regular season for bother teams, Giants -4 and 49ers -46.5 which means that Giants had a tougher schedule.
3) Last game between these teams, Giants won most of the stats except for 1 more interceptions.
4) Giants did not have Bradshaw and a few other key players for that game.
5) Giants have a better QB with more yards and experience.
6) If you do the math and ignore the standard home team getting 3 points, at -2 for the 49ers is really a 1 point advantage according to Vegas.
7) Giants defense is not getting enough credit and they are peaking at the right time, whereas 49ers have shown some weakness.
8) It is soggy in San Fran, so running traction could be a factor that favors the Giants.
9) Turnovers will determine this game (which favors 49ers), but can they keep up with Giants offense and improved defense.
My pick: Giants Moneyline (Large) and Giants +2 (Large)
Good Luck All!