Messages

Forum Index : Politics : Messages Page 3 of 3  1 2 3  
Author: [Politics] Topic: A Message From Promark: We All Need To Calm Down
kaponofor3 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
kaponofor3
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 34949
Location: California
#51
Posted: 3/28/2012 5:40:00 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by MoneySRH:

This is the same Abbott and Costello who's on first argument I had already with 14danutcase.

Did Martin kick his behind for stalking and attacking him? I believe that as a fact.

The problem with your theory is that it doesn’t match the 911 call transcript. I will post it again, Zimmerman said Martin was running towards the back entrance.

Then in one single minute, Martin vanished into thin air and reappeared like a magician and attacked him with a bag of Skittles, a can of iced tea, and a cellphone?

I believe even the cop who arrived on the scene thought Zimmerman’s account of what happened was sketchy.

The cop filled out his report and put

HOMICIDE – NEGLIG
MANSL – UNESSESSARY KILLING TO
PREVENT UNLAWFUL ACT

It’s hard to prosecute a man who is hiding behind the stand your ground law, claiming self-defense and his daddy is a retired judge. The police chief dismissed his report and told the DA not to file charges and then the police chiefs council forced him to step down because of the way the case was handled.   



What jurisdiction are you living in where a police chief can tell a DA whether or not to file charges? Our justice system doesn't work that way.
quote
bowlslit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4055
Location: Greece
#52
Posted: 3/28/2012 5:46:49 PM

QUOTE Originally Posted by MoneySRH:

Did Martin kick his behind for stalking and attacking him? I believe that as a fact.

So now there is two altercations?

..even if you still believe there is only one...once Martin begins pounding his head into the pavement that is grounds for Z to defend himself..even deadly force.

quote
MoneySRH
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
MoneySRH
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 7603
Location: Texas
#53
Posted: 3/28/2012 5:51:59 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by kaponofor3:



What jurisdiction are you living in where a police chief can tell a DA whether or not to file charges? Our justice system doesn't work that way.
The same corruption that happens behind closed doors in all aspects of government happens in police departments. I know this because my best friend is a retired lieutenant who has worked in four different departments. It sad to say but it does happen behind closed doors. It's all politics.
quote
MoneySRH
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
MoneySRH
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 7603
Location: Texas
#54
Posted: 3/28/2012 5:57:01 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bowlslit:

QUOTE Originally Posted by MoneySRH:

Did Martin kick his behind for stalking and attacking him? I believe that as a fact.

So now there is two altercations?

..even if you still believe there is only one...once Martin begins pounding his head into the pavement that is grounds for Z to defend himself..even deadly force.

Oh, I completely agree. I believe Zimmerman attacked Martin and was getting his behind kicked. That's what all the evidence released to us suggests. I would charge him with Voluntary manslaughter.
quote
be easy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
be easy
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 15412
Location: Pennsylvania
#55
Posted: 3/28/2012 5:57:56 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by MoneySRH:

The same corruption that happens behind closed doors in all aspects of government happens in police departments. I know this because my best friend is a retired lieutenant who has worked in four different departments. It sad to say but it does happen behind closed doors. It's all politics.


police chief overpowering the DA? i find that hard to believe
quote
bowlslit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4055
Location: Greece
#56
Posted: 3/28/2012 6:00:38 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by MoneySRH:

Oh, I completely agree. I believe Zimmerman attacked Martin and was getting his behind kicked. That's what all the evidence released to us suggests. I would charge him with Voluntary manslaughter.

Ah, pumkin its not manslaughter if his head is being pummelled into the pavement combined with a broken nose.

quote
kaponofor3 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
kaponofor3
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 34949
Location: California
#57
Posted: 3/28/2012 6:02:10 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by MoneySRH:

The same corruption that happens behind closed doors in all aspects of government happens in police departments. I know this because my best friend is a retired lieutenant who has worked in four different departments. It sad to say but it does happen behind closed doors. It's all politics.


You do understand Money that the PD and DA's office are too wholly distinct units, right? "Law" and "Order", for lack of a better term. A Chief of Police doesn't tell the DA what to do. The DA tells the Chief whether or not charges can be filed based on the facts available after investigation. The DA couldn't even tell the Chief of Police to arrest someone.
quote
MoneySRH
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
MoneySRH
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 7603
Location: Texas
#58
Posted: 3/28/2012 6:16:52 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by kaponofor3:



You do understand Money that the PD and DA's office are too wholly distinct units, right? "Law" and "Order", for lack of a better term. A Chief of Police doesn't tell the DA what to do. The DA tells the Chief whether or not charges can be filed based on the facts available after investigation. The DA couldn't even tell the Chief of Police to arrest someone.
Judges, Police chiefs, and all cops hate DA’s and think they are nothing but glorified paper-pushing lawyers. That’s what my lieutenant friend tells me.

Bowlsit - This is the same Abbott and Costello who's on first argument I had already with 14danutcase. It’s who attacked first and he attacked Martin first. The evidence says he attacked martin first and is the aggressor and is the one who started the entire situation. Just because you attack someone and they attack back and you kill him doesn’t mean your not guilty of killing someone.
quote
bowlslit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4055
Location: Greece
#59
Posted: 3/28/2012 6:22:11 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by MoneySRH:

Judges, Police chiefs, and all cops hate DA’s and think they are nothing but glorified paper-pushing lawyers. That’s what my lieutenant friend tells me.

Bowlsit - This is the same Abbott and Costello who's on first argument I had already with 14danutcase. It’s who attacked first and he attacked Martin first. The evidence says he attacked martin first and is the aggressor and is the one who started the entire situation. Just because you attack someone and they attack back and you kill him doesn’t mean your not guilty of killing someone.

Only I have yet to see or hear any evidence showing Z attacked T.

All I could decipher is that he may have confronted him...not attacked. I don't think a guy that has a gun on him is lookin to get into a wrastlin match.

quote
kaponofor3 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
kaponofor3
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 34949
Location: California
#60
Posted: 3/28/2012 6:22:29 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by MoneySRH:

Judges, Police chiefs, and all cops hate DA’s and think they are nothing but glorified paper-pushing lawyers. That’s what my lieutenant friend tells me.

Bowlsit - This is the same Abbott and Costello who's on first argument I had already with 14danutcase. It’s who attacked first and he attacked Martin first. The evidence says he attacked martin first and is the aggressor and is the one who started the entire situation. Just because you attack someone and they attack back and you kill him doesn’t mean your not guilty of killing someone.


I'm gonna go out on a limb here Money and say that Judges probably don't think DA's are glorified paper pushers seeing as both judges and DA's are attorneys.
quote
MoneySRH
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
MoneySRH
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 7603
Location: Texas
#61
Posted: 3/28/2012 6:51:39 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by kaponofor3:



I'm gonna go out on a limb here Money and say that Judges probably don't think DA's are glorified paper pushers seeing as both judges and DA's are attorneys.
From what I'm being told they think DA's are in the way. Police chiefs and cops think they know everything and DA's let people who are guilty in their eyes get away. If you put a police chief and judge in the room, they are going to believe they are superior to everyone.

I'm not a cop and I don't pretend to be one. I'm just repeating what my retired lieutenant friend is telling me. He says darn DA's they let guilty people get away and real cops risk their fools everyday and for some paper pushing snot nosed know it all DA to tell me I'm wrong is bullshit.

quote
MoneySRH
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
MoneySRH
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 7603
Location: Texas
#62
Posted: 3/28/2012 7:04:30 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bowlslit:

Only I have yet to see or hear any evidence showing Z attacked T.

All I could decipher is that he may have confronted him...not attacked. I don't think a guy that has a gun on him is lookin to get into a wrastlin match.

I believe Zimmerman approached Martin not expecting a fight and expecting Martin to fear him. Zimmerman pointed his weapon or made a gesture that he was going for his weapon.

At that point, Martin feared for his life. A fight happens and Martin beats the hell out of Zimmerman and Martin is trying to go after his gun.

Zimmerman is losing the fight, goes for his weapon, and kills Martin. Zimmerman pretended to be a cop and approached him when he shouldn't have and after being told not to.

Zimmerman made up a story of Martin disappearing and attacking him to cover his behind and made up a crazy story on the fly without realizing how crazy it sounded at the time.

quote
MoneySRH
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
MoneySRH
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 7603
Location: Texas
#63
Posted: 3/28/2012 7:24:41 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by kaponofor3:




They "accepted" Obama by the fact that they are living in America at the time when he is running the ship called the federal government. They don't have to like him -- and they don't -- but that doesn't mean they all either (a) left or (b) engaged in armed resistance against his government. If they didn't "accept" him, I'd expect either (a) or (b) to occur.

You can call people who are racists Republicans -- I call them racists. Racists come in all shapes, sizes, and stripes. There are racist GOP members and there are racist Democrats. Racism is inherent in pretty much everyone as a byproduct of evolution.

Talking about the "racial" garbage -- I worry that you are engaging in the same behavior you so greatly abhor. I take it as an anti-racist that you don't think it is right that a characteristic is attributed to a person solely because of the color of his skin, right? Well how does that square with your statement that Republicans side with an attacker and against a minority? Isn't that painting a pretty wide swath of people with the same broad brush that you don't want to be used against people based solely on ethnicity?

I know most of what I say is mostly broad statements. I’m basing my views on observations. I have been watching fox news for about 6 hours straight. Not one thing was said positive about Martin. It was all a smear campaign and defending Zimmerman. Watch Fox news, read blogs, look up YouTube videos, and check out all of the threads being posted on here.

All of the republicans are attacking Martin. I haven’t seen a single republican defend Martin or attack Zimmerman’s ridiculous account here or anywhere. If you see anything racist anywhere, I would bet my BR that there is a republican responsible for it.
 
There are racist on both sides I assume but it just seems the ones who let it be known are republicans.

There a maybe around six threads on the Zimmerman case right now. It’s amazing! All the Republicans are defending Zimmerman and the Democrats defending Martin. I have never seen such a popular topic on covers. 

quote
bowlslit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4055
Location: Greece
#64
Posted: 3/28/2012 7:30:49 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by MoneySRH:

I believe Zimmerman approached Martin not expecting a fight and expecting Martin to fear him. Zimmerman pointed his weapon or made a gesture that he was going for his weapon.

At that point, Martin feared for his life. A fight happens and Martin beats the hell out of Zimmerman and Martin is trying to go after his gun.

Zimmerman is losing the fight, goes for his weapon, and kills Martin. Zimmerman pretended to be a cop and approached him when he shouldn't have and after being told not to.

Zimmerman made up a story of Martin disappearing and attacking him to cover his behind and made up a crazy story on the fly without realizing how crazy it sounded at the time.

That very well could be how it played out. However, there is no such evidence or will there ever be that shows Z confronted T with his gun out.

With that in mind how could Z ever be convicted, or better yet why would you want him convicted knowing that there is no conclusive evidence to show that happened?

Ask your Leiutenant buddy if you must, but, you and everybody on your side projecting him with the gun out doesn't make it real.

 

quote
promark12 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
promark12
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 1627
Location: California
#65
Posted: 3/28/2012 7:35:34 PM

WOW, this thread was an attempt to move away from the case and on to how we've all been behaving.  I want you to take a few things into consideration:

MANY EXPERTS BELIEVE THE UNEMPLOYMENT RATE IS CLOSER TO 15% BECAUSE THOSE WHO HAVE EXHAUSTED THEIR BENEFITS ARE NO LONGER COUNTED

MILLIONS OF AMERICANS HAVE LOST THEIR HOMES DUE TO FORCLOSURES

THOSE WHO HAVE HELD ONTO THEIR HOMES HAVE SEEN THE VALUE CONTINUE TO GO DOWN

MANY COLLEGE STUDENTS WHO'VE GRADUATED HAVEN'T FOUND THE KIND OF WORK THEY WENT TO COLLEGE FOR

MANY OF THOSE WHO DO HAVE JOBS HAVE SEEN THEIR INCOMES GO DOWN

THE PRICE OF A GALLON OF GAS MAY RISE TO $5 A GALLON BY SUMMER

MANY OF US HAVN'T TAKEN A VACATION IN A LONG TIME

SOME OF US HAVE HAD TO BITE THE BULLET AND MOVE BACK IN WITH THE PARENTS

THE CRIME RATE IS GOING UP

WE'RE FACING AN ELECTION WITH AN UNPOPULAR PRESIDENT AND AN UNPOPULAR CHALLENGER

In Los Angeles in 1992, the case was about race.

In London in 2011 many believe people rioted because of the bad economic conditions.

The Martin-Zimmerman case has both ingredients.

quote
kaponofor3 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
kaponofor3
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 34949
Location: California
#66
Posted: 3/28/2012 7:44:23 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by MoneySRH:

I know most of what I say is mostly broad statements. I’m basing my views on observations. I have been watching fox news for about 6 hours straight. Not one thing was said positive about Martin. It was all a smear campaign and defending Zimmerman. Watch Fox news, read blogs, look up YouTube videos, and check out all of the threads being posted on here.

All of the republicans are attacking Martin. I haven’t seen a single republican defend Martin or attack Zimmerman’s ridiculous account here or anywhere. If you see anything racist anywhere, I would bet my BR that there is a republican responsible for it.
 
There are racist on both sides I assume but it just seems the ones who let it be known are republicans.

There a maybe around six threads on the Zimmerman case right now. It’s amazing! All the Republicans are defending Zimmerman and the Democrats defending Martin. I have never seen such a popular topic on covers. 



Yet here stand people like me and Hutch and I bet DJ and depeche saying "Hey, we don't know what the **** really happened, why are we defending anyone here? We don't know what happened!"


quote
MoneySRH
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
MoneySRH
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 7603
Location: Texas
#67
Posted: 3/28/2012 10:23:38 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bowlslit:

That very well could be how it played out. However, there is no such evidence or will there ever be that shows Z confronted T with his gun out.

With that in mind how could Z ever be convicted, or better yet why would you want him convicted knowing that there is no conclusive evidence to show that happened?

Ask your Leiutenant buddy if you must, but, you and everybody on your side projecting him with the gun out doesn't make it real.

 

Well the only evidence I have is the 911 call and what the officer who arrived on scene put down on his report. If Zimmerman would not have said Martin ran towards the back entrance and said he was following him.

When he was told not to because police were on the way and not said he miraculously disappeared and attacked him with a bag of Skittles, a can of iced tea, and a cellphone. Then I could believe Zimmerman’s account.  

The story sounds ridiculous.

Promark12 – Post # 65 I agree. I am falling victim of being distracted. I just feel that Obama is more of the same and is going to win because Romney is a psycho cult following moron with no new ideas. The election depresses me because Ron Paul was the only hope for America and there is no amount of protesting to change that.

kaponofor3 – I am only able to decipher the evidence presented. I understand your point though.

quote
bowlslit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4055
Location: Greece
#68
Posted: 3/28/2012 11:41:33 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by MoneySRH:

I believe Zimmerman approached Martin not expecting a fight and expecting Martin to fear him. Zimmerman pointed his weapon or made a gesture that he was going for his weapon.

At that point, Martin feared for his life. A fight happens and Martin beats the hell out of Zimmerman and Martin is trying to go after his gun.

Zimmerman is losing the fight, goes for his weapon, and kills Martin. Zimmerman pretended to be a cop and approached him when he shouldn't have and after being told not to.

Zimmerman made up a story of Martin disappearing and attacking him to cover his behind and made up a crazy story on the fly without realizing how crazy it sounded at the time.

George Zimmerman has not spoken publicly about the shooting death and was never arrested. He told officers that the shooting was self-defense.

The Orlando Sentinel's account says that "Martin asked Zimmerman if he had a problem. Zimmerman said 'no' and reached for his cell phone. Martin then said, 'Well, you do now,' and punched Zimmerman in the nose. Zimmerman fell to the ground and Martin got on top of him and began slamming his head into the sidewalk. Zimmerman began yelling for help."

A witness told authorities that it was Zimmerman crying for help, not Martin.

The acting Sanford Police chief refused to answer questions relating to leaked information by the department.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/news/30764028/detail.html#ixzz1qTQXywVk
 
Moneysrh, please post your sources that back up your claim.
quote
bowlslit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4055
Location: Greece
#69
Posted: 3/29/2012 12:38:33 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoKW7dl_dm0&feature=relmfu

 

I think all of you who jumped the gun on Zimmerman being guilty of manslaughter are gonna end up looking like complete idiots when the dust finally settles.

IPC

quote
MoneySRH
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
MoneySRH
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 7603
Location: Texas
#70
Posted: 3/29/2012 6:28:46 AM
Zimmerman: Martin is running towards the back entrance.
Zimmerman: What? Where did he go he disappeared?
Martin: No I didn’t.
Zimmerman: Martin begins to attack me for no reason with a bag of skittles, a can of iced-t, and a cell-phone.


quote
Forum Index : Politics : Messages Page 3 of 3  1 2 3  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.