Messages

Forum Index : NBA Betting : Messages Page 6 of 6 «  2 3 4 5 6  
Author: [NBA Betting] Topic: LeBron James is Still the Best Player in the NBA
sammy_ny send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
sammy_ny
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 2119
Location: United States
#126
Posted: 5/18/2012 7:30:23 AM
God I can't stand Lebron... just because you make highlight reels everyday does not make you the best player. This guy will never win the title because HE IS NOT THE BEST PLAYER.

You know the best players win titles. His game is different - he is not a shooter like Kobe or a passer like Magic. he needs to win the title with his own game. Stop telling everyone he is so good. he has deficiencies like others..... for example, he cant shoot or play well in clutch. Tell me a simple question - with game on the line, would u rather have Kobe or Lebron have the ball in hand ? thank you.
quote
sammy_ny send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
sammy_ny
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 2119
Location: United States
#127
Posted: 5/18/2012 7:34:42 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ct1016:

LBJ has never had the compliment of players that Kome has...or even MJ for that matter.  All this talk about D Wade's ring and the year the Heat got it done...that team did not have the holes on it that LBJ has had to deal with.

1st Hole....most champions have more than one go to guy....Bulls had Jordan and Pippen....Lakers had Kobe and Shaq....then Kobe and Gasol....D Wade had Wade and Shaq........other champions had multiple all stars on their team.....Cavs teams ..LBJ had no significant help...and folks he has only been with the Heat 1 year

2nd Hole....who is Miami's 10 rebound guy.....championship teams have a consistent banger on the boards...this is not on lBJ...this is on Pat Riley....Kobe, MJ and D Wade is not asked to get 10 boards a game...and neither should LBJ.....championship teams do not get it done unless somebody or somebodies are consistently cleaning up and controlling the glass.....the Heat do not take care of the glass....they have not filled this void

Now as far as LBJ not being the guy on the Heat

This year...he leads the Heat in pts, rebs, assts, steals, FG%, efficiency and plays and guards multiple positions.....YES, D Wade should have the ball late in games....but that's b/c he has the best step through split the double team move off the dribble move in NBA history....the players were talking about that in a documentary I saw over the summer....that is not a knock on LBJ...that is just a plus for D Wade....also, it is not unusual for other players to close it other than the team's leading scorer (See Vinnie Microwave Johnson...with the Detroit Piston bad boys)....Pistons had Isiah Thomas and Mark Aguirre...solid scorers...but during closing time....Vinnie Johnson got the ball.

Finally, what other player in the league leads their team in pts, rebs, assts, steals and FG% and efficiency....answer Noone.

LBJ is clearly the best player in the NBA and this year's MVP 


Keep making up reasons. If you try to think why he hasn't won, you will always find many reasons. The fact remains he hasn't won a title. The heat team has many good players Wade, Bosh, and some really good role players, is not good enough for you. The same with Cavs - he had many good players around him.  Its up to him how he makes the game of others around him better. Why is it that where ever he goes, the team stinks and he stands out ? 

Whats next stop for Lebron ?  Knicks? Lets see what he does there. I guarantee you in 3 years time, we will be blaming everyone else on Knicks for being not good enough to play with Bron..
quote
sammy_ny send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
sammy_ny
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 2119
Location: United States
#128
Posted: 5/18/2012 7:37:23 AM
He fills up stat line because he is not a great shooter or a great passer. He plays an all round game but does not excel in any particular area. As I said, he needs to win with the talent and game he has, NOONE cares about stats. He has a lot of talent around him...
quote
kevmode
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
kevmode
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 3923
Location:
#129
Posted: 5/18/2012 7:41:31 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by sammy_ny:

He fills up stat line because he is not a great shooter or a great passer. He plays an all round game but does not excel in any particular area. As I said, he needs to win with the talent and game he has, NOONE cares about stats. He has a lot of talent around him...


You are wrong because he is a great passer.  Lebron also plays great defense which doesn't show up in the stat sheet.  One more thing, Lebron does not have a lot of talent around him.
quote
choochootrain send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Westgate Las Vegas Superbook |
choochootrain
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 103
Location:
#130
Posted: 5/18/2012 7:48:19 AM

Lebron = good stats = bad results ( athletic ) 


MJ = darn STATS = RESULTS (6) ( GOD )

KOBE = no pass = RESULTS ( Talents and skills )
quote
choochootrain send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Westgate Las Vegas Superbook |
choochootrain
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 103
Location:
#131
Posted: 5/18/2012 7:50:18 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by minimambaa:

i would take cp3 over rose any day more efficient shooter better facilitator and better closer
quote
choochootrain send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Westgate Las Vegas Superbook |
choochootrain
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 103
Location:
#132
Posted: 5/18/2012 7:50:55 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by choochootrain:



TONY AND RONDO ANYDAY BFR BOTH THEM
quote
Ducati send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Ducati
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 3122
Location: Vietnam
#133
Posted: 5/18/2012 7:56:17 AM
LeBum


quote
RP333 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
RP333
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1856
Location: United States
#134
Posted: 5/18/2012 8:34:32 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by JakeLake720:

  I am a Bulls fan and hope the Bulls can take down the Heat in the playoffs, but LeBron is clearly the best all-around NBA player. James is obviously not the best clutch player in the league- He missed a free throw to ice the game, but did knock down a big three to take the lead in the first place.
  My point is if you are building a team right now, Lebron was and still is the first pick in that draft. He can still lock down anyone and gets to the rim at will..
  If the Bulls beat the Heat in the Eastern Conference Finals, it will because (as basically everyone and their mother have said) of the Bulls outstanding bench. They all play hard and share the basketball like no other team in the league. We need a healthy Derrick Rose to make that happen though, so I hope he gets better..


Wowsy....talk about your whiffs.
quote
nwolfe send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
nwolfe
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 62
Location:
#135
Posted: 5/18/2012 10:22:07 AM
Lebron=Pippen....very good passer, great defender, good scorer but not great and not an elite shooter like Durant or Dirk.  Once in a lifetime freak athlete...Mental midget though who hides in corner when it matters most and won' take it to rack late in game because he is afraid to go to line. Will probably win many more empty regular season MVP's and good chance no rings unless Wade and Bosh play great at end of games.  People who say he is best ever or compare him to Jordan with current resume are seriously confused or a Miami Heat fan...or maybe both. 
quote
lordzud send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
lordzud
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 1415
Location: Vatican City
#136
Posted: 5/18/2012 11:02:51 AM
I am reading some really stupid arguments on this thread (and a few good ones) Stupid arguments are 1) I don't like him so he is not the best player and 2) He has never won a ring so he is not the best player. 
Why does the best player have to be 1) someone you would like to be pals with or 2) just happened to be on a really good team that won multiple championships. 
At least one person argued, no I think a healthy Dwight Howard is a slightly better as an all around player than him, which I agree with.

I thought Garnett was the best player for a number of years (he's a lot slower now), was it his fault he was stuck on shitty Minnesota teams? I don't like Lebron either, I hope his team embarrasingly fails in the playoffs every year, but damn is he talented, a freak of nature. Nobody ever compliments commissioner Stern for creating a salary cap system so that if you spend all your money on three superstars you have to fill out the rest of your team with has beens, wannabes, and minimum salaried bench warmers. I love beautifully executed team basketball where the coach is a dictator and the superstars change their game to fit within it.
quote
nwolfe send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
nwolfe
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 62
Location:
#137
Posted: 5/18/2012 11:26:19 AM
Dwight Howard best player???? Comparing Minnesota's roster with current Heat roster is just dumb. They have 3 max contract guys...People will keep making excuses for Lebron until he wins a title or retires.  I also agree with the person who pointed out that when LBJ loses his athleticsm he will be just another good player. He doesn't have the foot work that Kobe has to get shots off or the turn around jumper that Kobe and MJ developed as they got older.  + he isn't an elite shooter so he can't stand around three point line when other create shots.
quote
joseph6646 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
joseph6646
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 43
Location:
#138
Posted: 5/18/2012 11:36:09 AM
The team that LeBron has around him is a team that he chose to not only be on, but its a team he chose to assemble with his buddies.  He has no one but himself to blame.  He wanted to be player/GM.  When you roll 3 players deep with no Plan B if one of those players goes down you cant go finger pointing
quote
JakeLake720 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
JakeLake720
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4672
Location:
#139
Posted: 5/18/2012 11:40:44 AM
RP333, how exactly did I whiff? You may want to read my last sentence before you critique next time..
quote
greenr44
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
greenr44
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 9
Location:
#140
Posted: 5/18/2012 11:55:44 AM
"Man this is going to be easy....Not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, not six, not seven"  At least he was right about one thing.  "I never said it was going to be easy" LeWade Lames...
quote
Addict101 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Addict101
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 4274
Location: California
#141
Posted: 5/18/2012 12:13:18 PM
MVP CAN'T EVEN MAKE FREE THROWS
MVP IS A
CHOKE.....CHOKE.....CHOKE
                 CHOKE.....CHOKE.....CHOKE

if the shoe fits wear it, and he wears it well
By the way Durant got robbed
quote
tonyrome send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
tonyrome
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 2055
Location: United States
#142
Posted: 5/18/2012 12:33:01 PM
Why is the title of this thread "is STILL?"
seriously, he never was, and he certainly isn't even an MVP now.

quote
nwolfe send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
nwolfe
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 62
Location:
#143
Posted: 5/18/2012 12:38:56 PM
As you can tell from my post I think he is a mental midget and I wouldn't want him anywhere near the ball in crunch time, however, with that said he deserved the MVP.  He excells in regular season when everyone is going about 80%.  His god given physical gifts and athleticism allow him to be a stat stuffer and he was best player during regular season. Once the intensity is cranked up and everyone is going 110 percent he is far less effective. + we see how comfortable he is when game is on line so he is different person in post season especially in the post season against top notch competition.  He can't just rely on his athleticism. 
quote
lordzud send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
lordzud
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 1415
Location: Vatican City
#144
Posted: 5/18/2012 6:43:50 PM
nwolfe, you are a tard that can't read. I never compared minnesota's roster with the Heat. I am not wasting time with you, you can't even follow what someone else says and respond coherently. Don't bet money on sports, don't argue your opinion, just work hard, save your money, and that's it.
quote
joewashington
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
joewashington
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2780
Location: Texas
#145
Posted: 5/18/2012 6:49:04 PM
Maybe Lebron could try shooting freerows granny style......
quote
JakeLake720 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
JakeLake720
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4672
Location:
#146
Posted: 6/19/2012 11:43:06 PM
Anyone still disagree? Title number one for LeBron is coming..I'm a Bulls fan but facts are facts..LeBron James is the best basketball player in the world..
quote
JakeLake720 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
JakeLake720
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4672
Location:
#147
Posted: 6/22/2012 12:02:51 AM
This series more than proved my point..LeBron James is the best all-around basketball player on the planet. I'm not a huge fan of him, but facts are facts..
quote
Forum Index : NBA Betting : Messages Page 6 of 6 «  2 3 4 5 6  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.