Messages

Forum Index : General Discussion : Messages Page 2 of 2  1 2  
Author: [General Discussion] Topic: Western Propaganda
Bling send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Bling
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 39071
Location: United States
#26
Posted: 8/5/2012 3:39:12 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by adamjoe:

People who start to see the North Korean side of things as fair and accurate either need to stop with the mind-altering drugs or pack their bags and take a 1-way flight to Pyongyang. I'm sure the grass is much greener on their side of the fence.

Because you know, first hand, what goes on there.  You only know what you have been told.  Open your mind man.  Realize that all of the information we are bombarded with might not be all true.

I don't claim to be an expert on anything, certainly not on foreign governments.  But I am intelligent enough to not swallow everything that is presented to me.  Look to find the truth yourself and don't let others opinion make up your mind.

This film presented a lot of things that might seem way out in left field but from my own experiences made a lot of sense.

 

What do you think goes on in North Korea? 
quote
Bling send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Bling
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 39071
Location: United States
#27
Posted: 8/5/2012 3:41:47 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by GSP10:

Great post. Excellent video. People can talk about North Korea and it's problems and that is fine... to dismiss this video of the objective truth about the western world and how it operates shows massive ignorance.... It makes me sick.

People love to belong to a group... i.e my country, my team, my religion etc. That is all fine if you feel that your country has your best interest in mind is a laughing matter 
Let me guess, the next video you are going to post is Loose Change.
quote
Goldfisch send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Goldfisch
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 660
Location: Texas
#28
Posted: 8/5/2012 7:41:31 PM
To the original poster,
 Great video man. I like these type of films. I am already going through a paradigm change and films like this are very beneficial. 
quote
CountNo_Account
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
CountNo_Account
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 7736
Location: Iceland
#29
Posted: 8/5/2012 7:52:29 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Goldfisch:

To the original poster,
 Great video man. I like these type of films. I am already going through a paradigm change and films like this are very beneficial. 




quote
GSP10 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
GSP10
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 1388
Location:
#30
Posted: 8/6/2012 6:22:32 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Bling:

Let me guess, the next video you are going to post is Loose Change.


Do you feel intelligent with that post? If you want to post something, maybe an idea would be to post what is wrong with some one's post and make constructive.... then again if you are a fool and feel smart because your are in the "majority opinion group" with all the other sheep .... keeping saying Bahhh Bahhhh Bahhh and don't ever dare to question your shepherd (Master). The best thing for you is to be an obedient slave, don't worry your masters have your best interest at heart  
quote
adamjoe send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
adamjoe
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1960
Location:
#31
Posted: 8/6/2012 12:13:48 PM

I am continually amazed how completely short sighted and ignorant people are.  Most swallow everything they are told....just because.

For example, look at television commercials.  Most make you believe total lies or make you feel inferior in order to buy something that is not needed.  Clothes/fashion are among the worst.  Who really needs to buy new clothes every season/year?  Most of the stuff we throw away is in perfectly good condition, but companies make you believe that your perfectly good clothes are inferior and that you must buy new "up to date" clothes.

A good read is "Your Money or Your Life".  It explores the relationship between money and time and how we continually trade our limited life to acquire unnecessary goods.  How we have become slaves to materialism in order to pursue unnecessary ideals.  It will make you take a hard look at why you are trading the most precious thing (life) for completely worthless goods.

Look around you....how much of your stuff is REALLY necessary?  How much of the necessary good are overpriced garbage (yes, we need shoes but why do we need $150 shoes?  Especially when they were produced for a small fraction of the asking price).

It is really unfortunate that most won't have this kind of enlightenment. We will continue to waste our life away, pollute our only environment in order to be artifically satisfied.

quote
Bling send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Bling
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 39071
Location: United States
#32
Posted: 8/8/2012 7:04:53 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by GSP10:


Do you feel intelligent with that post? If you want to post something, maybe an idea would be to post what is wrong with some one's post and make constructive.... then again if you are a fool and feel smart because your are in the "majority opinion group" with all the other sheep .... keeping saying Bahhh Bahhhh Bahhh and don't ever dare to question your shepherd (Master). The best thing for you is to be an obedient slave, don't worry your masters have your best interest at heart  


…………………………………….__,,,,,,,---,,,,,,_…………………………………………………………
…………………………_,,,--~’’¯¯ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;¯’’-,,_………………………………………………….
…………………….,-~’’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;¯’~,_……………………………………………
…………………,-‘’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’’~-,,………………………………………
……………..,-‘’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; _,,_ ; ; ;¯’-,…………………………………..
…………..,-‘’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,-‘’_ ¯’-, ; ; ; ; ‘,…………………………………
…………,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,,-~’’’’’~-,, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-‘;;;’, : |; ; ; ; ; ‘,……………………………….
……….,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,-‘/ :,-~’’~, : ‘,, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-,-‘ : / ; ; ; ; ; ;’,……………………………..
……..,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’,| : ‘-,;;;;,-‘ : /’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ¯’’’¯ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘-,……………………………
…….,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’’-,,___,,-~’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’’~,, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-,………………………….
…….| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;-,;;’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-………………………….
……,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;-;;;;| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; |…………………………
……| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ,,-‘,;;;;|’’-~ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘,…………………………
......| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;---,,,,,,,_,,,,-~’’, ‘-,;;;| ,,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’,……………………….
……| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;¯’’~-,,,_ , , , , , , ‘,;,’,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;……………………….
……| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’’-,~-,, , ,,’’,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’,………………………
……’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘’-,,¯’’;;;;| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’,………………………
…….| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’’-,_,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘,………………………
………..| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-,………………….
………..’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ,,--~~--,, ; ; ; ; ;,--------,, ; ,--~, ; ; ,,-~, ; ;,--,,;,,-~~-,, ; ; ; ; ; ;’,………………..
…………| ; ; ; ; ; ; ,-‘’ . ,,--,, . ‘-, ; ; ; ;| . ,-,, . ‘, | . . | ; ;’-, . .,,/ . ./’-,,--, . ‘, ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘-,………………
…………| ; ; ; ; ; ; | . .,’ ; ; ;’, . .| ; ; ; | . .’-‘ . ,-‘ | . . | ; ; ; ‘-, . . .,-‘ ; ;,-‘ . ,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘-,…………….
…………’, ; ; ; ; ; ;’, . ‘-,__,-‘ . ,’ ; ; ; | . .| . . . | . . |___ ; ;} . . / ; ; ;’----‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-,………….
………….| ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-,,_ . ._,,-‘ ; ; ; ; |__| .__ ;|_____/ ; ;/__/ ; ; ; ; (¯) ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘-,…………
…….......’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;¯ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘-,……
quote
Capper007
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetOnline.ag |
Capper007
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 6909
Location: United States
#33
Posted: 8/10/2012 10:38:32 AM
NORTH KOREANS ARE CRAZY...WE NEED TO NUKE THEIR fools INTO OBLIVION!!!!
quote
Capper007
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetOnline.ag |
Capper007
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 6909
Location: United States
#34
Posted: 8/10/2012 10:42:14 AM
They are brainwashed and follow "the leader" it is a sountry that has fallen into a "cultist society" they have 1.1 million soldiers... THE CITIZENS WANT TO GET A GUN AND KILL ALL AMERICANS FOR THEIR LEADER! YET IF THEY WANT TO ESCAPE THEY ARE IMPRISONED OR KILLED AND IF THEY DO ESCAPE THEIR FAMILIES ARE PROSECUTED.. THERE WILL BE A WAR WITH NORTH KOREA SOON!!!!
quote
Henry-Lilly send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
Henry-Lilly
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 10493
Location: St Vincent and
              the Grenadines
#35
Posted: 8/10/2012 12:23:24 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Capper007:

NORTH KOREANS ARE CRAZY...WE NEED TO NUKE THEIR fools INTO OBLIVION!!!!



Stop yelling.  Especially when you are calling someone else crazy.
quote
I-Got-5-On-It send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: PaddyPower.com |
I-Got-5-On-It
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 15010
Location: United Kingdom
#36
Posted: 8/10/2012 5:01:21 PM
North Koreans have got some mad skillz when it comes to choreography

Pyongyang in 2020 
quote
CountNo_Account
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
CountNo_Account
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 7736
Location: Iceland
#37
Posted: 8/10/2012 7:57:18 PM
North Korea is Best Korea




quote
PokinSmot
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
PokinSmot
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 6347
Location: United States
#38
Posted: 8/14/2012 2:09:30 PM


who's going to argue with this man....HERE




quote
CountNo_Account
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
CountNo_Account
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 7736
Location: Iceland
#39
Posted: 8/14/2012 3:40:02 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by PokinSmot:



who's going to argue with this man....HERE







Hippie propaganda....
quote
Getty3
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Getty3
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 16808
Location: Florida
#40
Posted: 8/14/2012 5:09:27 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by PokinSmot:



who's going to argue with this man....HERE




How can you take this piece of pseudo-wisdom seriously ?
Mr. Lame Deer says "When someone was so poor that he couldn't afford a horse, a tent or a blanket, he would in that case receive it as a gift."
Exactly one sentence later, he is quoted "We didn't know any kind of money and consequently, the value of a human being was not determined by his wealth,"
So, they didn't know any kind of monetary system(allegedly), yet members of the tribe were too poor to afford the basics of which the community considered valuable. Sounds pretty sketchy to me. 
Chief Lame Deer 
quote
HutchEmAll send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
HutchEmAll
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 37636
Location: Minnesota
#41
Posted: 8/14/2012 6:34:14 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by PokinSmot:



who's going to argue with this man....HERE





You think you're this enlightened soul that has such a deep understanding of the world.  It's a joke.  

You think everyone sits around and worships our government and believes everything they tell us.  It's complete B.S.  Just one example:  Iraq.  The government lied right to everyone's face. PLENTY of people (I was one of them) called them on it at the time. But what am I going to do about it?  Go and arrest the President? Politicians get voted out all the time....and replaced with a similar person.  

If you so enlightened, why aren't you doing anything about it?  Start a revolution. Run for office.  Nothing is going to change in our world because Pokinsmot recruited some groupies on covers.com.

And as for Chief Lame Deer, his statements are lame.  Bull they don't have laws.  They just are handed down through the tribe. Chief being the judge and jury.  They mete out punishment when required.....maybe it's not prison, but it's still punishment.  You think if someone bones the Chief's wife (or wives), they aren't going to be punished?


quote
HutchEmAll send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
HutchEmAll
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 37636
Location: Minnesota
#42
Posted: 8/14/2012 6:41:22 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by adamjoe:

I am continually amazed how completely short sighted and ignorant people are.  Most swallow everything they are told....just because.

For example, look at television commercials.  Most make you believe total lies or make you feel inferior in order to buy something that is not needed.  Clothes/fashion are among the worst.  Who really needs to buy new clothes every season/year?  Most of the stuff we throw away is in perfectly good condition, but companies make you believe that your perfectly good clothes are inferior and that you must buy new "up to date" clothes.

A good read is "Your Money or Your Life".  It explores the relationship between money and time and how we continually trade our limited life to acquire unnecessary goods.  How we have become slaves to materialism in order to pursue unnecessary ideals.  It will make you take a hard look at why you are trading the most precious thing (life) for completely worthless goods.

Look around you....how much of your stuff is REALLY necessary?  How much of the necessary good are overpriced garbage (yes, we need shoes but why do we need $150 shoes?  Especially when they were produced for a small fraction of the asking price).

It is really unfortunate that most won't have this kind of enlightenment. We will continue to waste our life away, pollute our only environment in order to be artifically satisfied.


Is this really breaking news?  That we focus too much on material goods?  

I have a '68 Barracuda I bought a few years ago.  It wasn't cheap. I've taken it to many car shows.  I go to the drive in just about every Thursday.  I get to talk to other people and enjoy their cars. I get to spend quality time with my nephew.  So that's artificially satisfied?

I enjoy living in a nice house.  I love the new sectional my gal and I bought recently.  It's so much more conducive to having people over....which I enjoy!

I make a decent living.  I'm not rich.  But WTF is wrong with wanting to buy things that bring enjoyment to your life.  And not wanting to wonder if you are going to be able to pay your bills.  

And for what it's worth, I don't spend person on shoes because they bring me no enjoyment.  They are a necessary evil. 
quote
HutchEmAll send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
HutchEmAll
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 37636
Location: Minnesota
#43
Posted: 8/14/2012 6:45:29 PM
And I'm also hoping I can eventually buy some land up north, put up a simple home, and maybe even retire.  That costs MONEY.

I'd like nothing better to quit my job and devote my time to causes I feel strongly about.  You interested in paying my bills?  Didn't think so.  

quote
kaponofor3 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
kaponofor3
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 34965
Location: California
#44
Posted: 8/14/2012 7:46:01 PM
Does the West have propaganda? Sure we do. Is it anywhere near what you see in some other parts of the world? Not even remotely close.
quote
SteelCash send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
SteelCash
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4975
Location: Ohio
#45
Posted: 8/15/2012 12:46:50 PM

When seen through the eyes of someone else, it's quite a revelation

 

It simply amazes me every day how much propaganda influences people and how they believe it to be fact.  Every day... it NEVER ceases to amaze me.

Joe Rogan:  "If you're a thinker and you look at the marijuana situation and you're not laughing... you're friggin dumb."

I couldn't have said it better myself. 

quote
dl36 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetJamaica.com |
dl36
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 23542
Location: United States
#46
Posted: 8/16/2012 3:23:40 AM
if you want to see lemmings and propaganda, you should visit the politics section
quote
adamjoe send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
adamjoe
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1960
Location:
#47
Posted: 8/16/2012 12:07:10 PM

Hutch-

You are totally missing the point.  I am not saying you can't enjoy yourself and do what you like to do.  I am saying that our society OVERCONSUMES without regard for the consequences of the overconsumption.  Look at houses and the relationship between square footage and family size.  Essentailly houses have become bigger while the # of people living in the houses has gotten smaller.  Where did the need for all of this extra space come from?  I am all for being comfortable but think of the energy and resources wasted on houses that are vastly oversized.  Combine all of the energy and resources wasted on these oversized homes, in addition to the additional pollution created.

The reality is that we are made to believe that we need so much more than we actually do and sadly most people spend their lives working to achieve these things....working instead of enjoying their lives.

I never said that you shouldn't buy things...but realize that every dollar you spend represents a small portion of your life.  You want to spend that dollar wisely...not on frivioulous items that are unnecessary.

No I am not interested in paying your bills...but think about something.  Think about how much of your life you are spending simply for the "privelige" of working.  Your time getting ready and commuting to work.  The money you spend on proper clothing for work.  The car you maintain and gasoline required to get to work.  The money you spend destressing from work (hobbies, going to the bar, etc.).  The money you spend on doctors treating conditions caused by working. 

Doesn't really seem worth it does it?   Seems we are working so that we can go to work.  How much money could you avoid spending if you didn't have to go to work? 

I know the notion is out there and difficult to imagine but fact is we are conditioned  to work to consume so that we have to work some more so we can consume some more.  Round and round we go

quote
Randisist
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Randisist
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 3054
Location: Texas
#48
Posted: 8/16/2012 1:07:39 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by dl36:

if you want to see lemmings and propaganda, you should visit the politics section



quote
RJSmith send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
RJSmith
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 7618
Location: Sweden
#49
Posted: 8/16/2012 1:40:13 PM
This is from a country that let 3.5 million people starve to death in the 90s - refusing help from the UN.
Even their only ally (China) thinks this regime is bat garbage crazy.
quote
PokinSmot
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
PokinSmot
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 6347
Location: United States
#50
Posted: 8/16/2012 4:16:35 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by HutchEmAll:


You think you're this enlightened soul that has such a deep understanding of the world.  It's a joke.  

You think everyone sits around and worships our government and believes everything they tell us.  It's complete B.S.  Just one example:  Iraq.  The government lied right to everyone's face. PLENTY of people (I was one of them) called them on it at the time. But what am I going to do about it?  Go and arrest the President? Politicians get voted out all the time....and replaced with a similar person.  

If you so enlightened, why aren't you doing anything about it?  Start a revolution. Run for office.  Nothing is going to change in our world because Pokinsmot recruited some groupies on covers.com.

And as for Chief Lame Deer, his statements are lame.  Bull they don't have laws.  They just are handed down through the tribe. Chief being the judge and jury.  They mete out punishment when required.....maybe it's not prison, but it's still punishment.  You think if someone bones the Chief's wife (or wives), they aren't going to be punished?








Hutch always trying to bust my balls...Must be my cologne, it's all good though. Will you vote for me if I ran for office? Who am I kidding, your vote doesn't mean garbage because the zionist bankers don't have my back....lol.

So basically you're telling me, even though things are wrong in the world, and it doesn't affect you, let it be and keep the next generation ignorant. "Mums the word" got it, thanks. I hope you're in the minority.

Don't be so angry in life Hutch, in the end the good will overcome evil. Keep hope alive and remember, your cat loves you.


adamjoe  knows
quote
Forum Index : General Discussion : Messages Page 2 of 2  1 2  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.