The Long Awaited Church iof ClubDirt Presidential Endorsement

Forum: Politics
Author: [Politics] Topic: The Long Awaited Church iof ClubDirt Presidential Endorsement
ClubDirt PM ClubDirt
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 23646
United States
 
ClubDirt
Participation Meter
Posted: 5/3/2012 10:55:05 AM
understanding that some of you can't make an informed decision about the presidential race until this post arrives, we are releasing our official presidential endorsement for 2012.  unlike democrats and republicans who invariably endorse a candidate based on the identification of a single letter after calling that person all sorts of bad names during the campaign because to look beyond a single letter requires some actual thought and ethics, we evaluate each position independently and choose the candidate who is most in line with our respective political positions. 

some of you (on the right) should not be thinking.  let the Church of ClubDirt do your thinking for you. that's what we're here for.

after much deliberation, the Church of ClubDirt* endorses this candidate for 2012.** 





* donations accepted via paypal at www.ClubDirtSports.com

** (Mikael, you still get my wife's vote.  i will be back in touch in november for you to let us know how you want to cast your american vote.  Mikael, we thank you for exercising your constitutionally protected right to vote.  )


glenndef62 PM glenndef62
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 7507
Massachusetts
 
glenndef62
Participation Meter
Posted: 5/3/2012 11:19:22 AM
LOL !!   Great post. Will read that link when can.  
AcerRubrum PM AcerRubrum
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 2098
 
AcerRubrum
Participation Meter
Posted: 5/3/2012 11:38:50 AM
....and hopefully retain Paul in his current position!
DiscoD69 PM DiscoD69
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7937
Canada
 
DiscoD69
Participation Meter
Posted: 5/3/2012 2:36:26 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ClubDirt:

understanding that some of you can't make an informed decision about the presidential race until this post arrives, we are releasing our official presidential endorsement for 2012.  unlike democrats and republicans who invariably endorse a candidate based on the identification of a single letter after calling that person all sorts of bad names during the campaign because to look beyond a single letter requires some actual thought and ethics, we evaluate each position independently and choose the candidate who is most in line with our respective political positions. 


some of you (on the right) should not be thinking.  let the Church of ClubDirt do your thinking for you. that's what we're here for.

after much deliberation, the Church of ClubDirt* endorses this candidate for 2012.** 





* donations accepted via paypal at www.ClubDirtSports.com

** (Mikael, you still get my wife's vote.  i will be back in touch in november for you to let us know how you want to cast your american vote.  Mikael, we thank you for exercising your constitutionally protected right to vote.  )



Oh great and all mighty GOD of the Church of Club, please bestow on me your collected wisdom by providing me with an answer to the following question(s)...



Why this guy, not Ron Paul? What's the diff mate?
dl36 PM dl36
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 27603
United States
 
dl36
Participation Meter
Posted: 5/4/2012 3:50:45 AM
This is hard for the simple minded obama/romney people to process
squinta1 PM squinta1
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 6388
Massachusetts
 
squinta1
Participation Meter
Posted: 5/4/2012 11:37:00 AM
"My next-door neighbor's two dogs have created more shovel ready jobs than this current administration."
captjohn67 PM captjohn67
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12821
Alabama
 
captjohn67
Participation Meter
Posted: 5/4/2012 11:50:44 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by squinta1:

"My next-door neighbor's two dogs have created more shovel ready jobs than this current administration."

ClubDirt PM ClubDirt
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 23646
United States
 
ClubDirt
Participation Meter
Posted: 5/4/2012 11:54:11 AM
squid, nice to see you on board. 

disco, good question, let me answer it this afternoon. 

captain, dl, acer, glenn 
ClubDirt PM ClubDirt
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 23646
United States
 
ClubDirt
Participation Meter
Posted: 5/4/2012 9:06:39 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by DiscoD69:


Oh great and all mighty GOD of the Church of Club, please bestow on me your collected wisdom by providing me with an answer to the following question(s)...



Why this guy, not Ron Paul? What's the diff mate?



disco, if you go to ontheissues.org, it gives a pretty thorough (and hopefully accurate) list of where all of these candidates stand on issues.  paul looks good to me but i think johnson is a little better version of him.  however, there is a lot more listed for paul than johnson so it may not be a fair comparison.  the main things about paul i don't like are that i've read that he opposes the separation of church and state.  not in the way that the christian crazies do but more in his style of minimizing government and opining that the church can provide some role that the government can't. 

paul also seems a little too hands off for me, but not by much.  i also believe i read that paul is against taxing religious institutions like other businesses which i am strongly in favor of.  finally, that ontheissues.org site said he is against adoption by happy people. 

so, paul is good on a lot of things but has some major drawbacks in certain areas.  i don't know where johnson stands on all of these issues because he just hasn't been as active and popular nationally but he seems solid on just about everything. 
TheGoldenGoose PM TheGoldenGoose
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 26444
Connecticut
 
TheGoldenGoose
Participation Meter
Posted: 5/4/2012 10:09:52 PM

Different face, same old garbage.

"responsible entitlement reform", what a friggin joke.

Just like every other politician who blindly approves of Corporate entitlements.  Take away food stamps but continue to allow the Corporate people to steal from the taxpaying citizens. 




ClubDirt PM ClubDirt
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 23646
United States
 
ClubDirt
Participation Meter
Posted: 5/4/2012 11:12:53 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


Different face, same old garbage.

"responsible entitlement reform", what a friggin joke.

Just like every other politician who blindly approves of Corporate entitlements.  Take away food stamps but continue to allow the Corporate people to steal from the taxpaying citizens. 






i think "same old garbage" is overreaching.  but ain't none of them perfect. 
MoneySRH PM MoneySRH
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8279
Texas
 
MoneySRH
Participation Meter
Posted: 5/5/2012 2:43:08 AM
Gary Johnson for president

Never heard of this guy. I like what he's selling. I thought Ron Paul was Americas last hope but this guy could be the man to bring America back on its feet. This guy seems a lot better than Ron Paul. I hope to see this guy on the main stage one day.
Forum: Politics
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.