Messages

Forum Index : College Football : Messages Page 2 of 2  1 2  
Author: [College Football] Topic: week 1 lines up wtf......
bookieassassin send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
bookieassassin
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 5874
Location: Texas
#26
Posted: 1/17/2012 5:43:02 PM
Look at the juice on Bama/Oregon USA Today.  This line did not move after Thomas declared which makes me think he would not have won the starting job next year.

yeah weird that DT got like zero respect.....and now BB will just jump in and be as good...or better?
and Kenjon B and D Thomas.....will instantly be as good as LMJ?....

Ducks with SUPER easy early schedule...so maybe Bennett has some time to mature and be ready for tough games (Ducks lucky as hell they get USC in November seems like > so maybe depth-thin Trojans beginning to fade by then).....USC in possible serious trouble at RB and WR.....as like 6 top recruits have been lost .....

LMJ was a tough runner and great competitor....and I don't see how there's no drop off there

*trivia > Bennett in high school as a soph...got his 1st start replacing (surprise) an injured Kevin Prince (UCLA)....and wants to someday be a hair stylist ....
let the jokes begin.....
 

quote
bookieassassin send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
bookieassassin
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 5874
Location: Texas
#27
Posted: 1/17/2012 10:15:00 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by nc1capper:

 you gotta LOVE boise- sup bookie,,I'm taking a beating in the NFL playoffs with a dismal 1-7 posted so far,,OVER (37) for balty/houston and UNDER (56) for GB/NY is an example of how my my selections have worked so far--yikes-- 


wassup Capper.....

hehe I'm off great weekend.....
drives me crazy I can spend 15-20 min on NFL and  usually make $ .....2 straight bets...threw in couple teasers and parlays..made more than any CFB weekend wtf....
who ya like this week?...
 kinda like the dogs....but favorites /over dominate this round it seems....
*favorites of 7'-9...are 15-4 ATS ...L5 years....Over is 8-2 ATS....
maybe NE wins a close/high scoring game.....?
SF or NYG.... win a very low scoring game?......(might tease NYG and Under)...(+7' / U 48)....> kinda like the Giants 
quote
bookieassassin send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
bookieassassin
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 5874
Location: Texas
#28
Posted: 1/18/2012 2:55:08 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by -29-:

 I also like S.Miss. +11.

The last time that the 'Huskers took the field, their offense was pretty much held in check by an Ellis Johnson engineered defense as they lost 30-13 to the Gamecocks in the Capital One Bowl. Now Johnson is the HC at Southern Mississippi and he will get his shot at Nebraska to open the season with the Golden Eagles returning alot of talent.



1st.....what's going on with the Vols man?....
lost a bunch of coaches.....all making lateral moves it seems....Dooley cleaning house?.....or these guys going on their own....?

tough to like SMiss here....
6/5 back...return RB's and 3/5 OL......running game should be strong...QB is a huge ???
BUT.....lose top HC + 4 yr starter at QB + 7/10 tacklers on D....+ 2 top WR

*checked out those coaching hires?.....
DC is Tommy West...DC at UAB LY....HC at Memphis previously
OC is Ricky Bustle...QB coach at Tulane LY...HC at ULALA before that....
   *both decent coaches....but obviously nobody wanted them around LY.....(or wouldn't be at UAB or Tulane).....Ellis' behind HC/RB coach....has been in high school last 5 yrs......  
offensive system should be only slightly different...defense hard to tell.....terminology will surely be different.....> only 1 coach was retained 

Huskers bring back 8/8 or so ....RB Rex B returns for his 10th year +3/5 OL + knucklehead QB + 8/10 tacklers + great K/P......

key here ....is Pelini is under huge pressure...experienced O just has to be better? ...poor Husker showing vs a talented SCaro team provides some value.....if game was played at end of 2011...Huskers would be favored by 7 or so....they return most everybody (defensive stars were hurt much of LY anyway)....while S Miss a totally different team......Pelini has done well as a home bully (not LY)...so initial lean would be Nebraska.....
     *until they are more consistent offensively...tough to bet on these boys.....kinda appears Pelini could be in WAY over his head as a HC.......don't it?
quote
-29-
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
-29-
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 3228
Location: Virginia
#29
Posted: 1/18/2012 8:59:26 AM

[Quote: Originally Posted by bookieassassin]

1st.....what's going on with the Vols man?....
lost a bunch of coaches.....all making lateral moves it seems....Dooley cleaning house?.....or these guys going on their own....?



 The Vols? I've never seen a coaching staff lose six assistants at one time when the HC didn't leave. Worse than that NONE of them left for a better title.They all left for either retirement or as you stated,a lateral move and none of them was asked to leave.Plus they still need to sign a special teams,linebackers,and D-line coach as National Signing Day is quickly approaching.They also didn't have any juniors declare for the NFL for the first time that I can remember.Even Memphis had one,reenforcing my fears that with Justin Fuente in charge of the Tigers and Franklin running things for Vandy, the Vols could drop down to being on the same level as those two instate rivals and maybe even below the 'Dores.

 UT was very young the last two years and I'm hopeful that that expierience will start to payoff next year. I don't see any other SEC team that has lost less players heading into next year than the Vols.

quote
-29-
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
-29-
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 3228
Location: Virginia
#30
Posted: 1/18/2012 9:10:38 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by bookieassassin:




tough to like SMiss here....
6/5 back...return RB's and 3/5 OL......running game should be strong...QB is a huge ???
BUT.....lose top HC + 4 yr starter at QB + 7/10 tacklers on D....+ 2 top WR

*checked out those coaching hires?.....
DC is Tommy West...DC at UAB LY....HC at Memphis previously
OC is Ricky Bustle...QB coach at Tulane LY...HC at ULALA before that....
   *both decent coaches....but obviously nobody wanted them around LY.....(or wouldn't be at UAB or Tulane).....Ellis' behind HC/RB coach....has been in high school last 5 yrs......  
offensive system should be only slightly different...defense hard to tell.....terminology will surely be different.....> only 1 coach was retained 

Huskers bring back 8/8 or so ....RB Rex B returns for his 10th year +3/5 OL + knucklehead QB + 8/10 tacklers + great K/P......

key here ....is Pelini is under huge pressure...experienced O just has to be better? ...poor Husker showing vs a talented SCaro team provides some value.....if game was played at end of 2011...Huskers would be favored by 7 or so....they return most everybody (defensive stars were hurt much of LY anyway)....while S Miss a totally different team......Pelini has done well as a home bully (not LY)...so initial lean would be Nebraska.....
     *until they are more consistent offensively...tough to bet on these boys.....kinda appears Pelini could be in WAY over his head as a HC.......don't it?

 

 Yeah,Ricky Bustle never got anything going at ULL and his QB/offense wasn't terribly impressive at Tulane.But before that Bustle was probably the best OC that Va.Tech ever had.I believe that his offense led the nation in scoring twice,once under Druckenmiller and once under Mike Vick.*Hopefully with better talent he can achieve better results than he's had the last few years.

 As for Tommy West his coaching resume' has certainly been underwhelming the last several years but I think that he will just be carrying out Johnson's defensive schemes with Ellis calling the shots.

 I don't think that USM will be better than the 'Huskers next september,I just like them in this spot +11 points. 

quote
thorpe send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
thorpe
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 8783
Location:
#31
Posted: 1/18/2012 11:29:40 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bookieassassin:

Look at the juice on Bama/Oregon USA Today.  This line did not move after Thomas declared which makes me think he would not have won the starting job next year.

Ducks with SUPER easy early schedule...



Oregon has 6 games next year against schools breaking in a new coach (Ark St, Fresno St, Arizona, ASU, Wash St, Colorado).  The schedule starts easy which will give them time to break in a QB.

Only game they will not be favored is at USC.   Bama is better than Oregon but they play a much better level of competition.  If Bama and Oregon both go 11-1 then Bama will be ranked higher going into the BCS selection.  But there is a much better chance Bama goes 9-3 than Oregon does, IMO.
quote
bookieassassin send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
bookieassassin
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 5874
Location: Texas
#32
Posted: 1/18/2012 4:26:29 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by thorpe:



Oregon has 6 games next year against schools breaking in a new coach (Ark St, Fresno St, Arizona, ASU, Wash St, Colorado).  The schedule starts easy which will give them time to break in a QB.

Only game they will not be favored is at USC.   Bama is better than Oregon but they play a much better level of competition.  If Bama and Oregon both go 11-1 then Bama will be ranked higher going into the BCS selection.  But there is a much better chance Bama goes 9-3 than Oregon does, IMO.


DUCKS
 Sat, Sep 01      Arkansas State        Eugene, Ore.
  Sat, Sep 08      Fresno State         Eugene, Ore.
  Sat, Sep 15      Tennessee Tech     Eugene, Ore.
  Sat, Sep 22      Arizona *               Eugene, Ore.
  Sat, Sep 29      Washington State  (CenturyLink Field)
  Sat, Oct 06      Washington *          Eugene, Ore.
  Thu, Oct 18      Arizona State *     at Tempe, Ariz.
  Sat, Oct 27      Colorado *            Eugene, Ore.
  Sat, Nov 03      USC *                  at Los Angeles, Calif.
  Sat, Nov 10      California *          at Berkeley, Calif.
  Sat, Nov 17      Stanford *           Eugene, Ore.
  Sat, Nov 24      Oregon State *     at Corvallis, Ore.

BAMA
Sept. 1    Michigan     (Cowboys Stadium)
Sept. 8    Western Kentucky       
Sept. 15  @Arkansas                      
Sept. 22  Florida Atlantic                    
Sept. 29  Mississippi                    
Oct.  6     Open Date
Oct. 13    @Missouri                      
Oct. 20    @Tennessee                    
Oct. 27   Mississippi State          
Nov. 3     @LSU                                 
Nov. 10  Texas A&M                    
Nov. 17  Western Carolina           
Nov. 24  Auburn     

*you're right ...looks like Ducks go 12-0....then lose to USC?....or 11-1....then beat USC...??....might lose to Cal...but man that's gravy there....

Despite what Bama homers (and talking heads at ESPN say)....IMO Bama schedule not that bad....as there are really 2 challenges (big ones) in 13 weeks..
sure they might fall asleep at Tenn or Mizzou ....Michigan MAYBE....but doubtful
quote
bookieassassin send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
bookieassassin
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 5874
Location: Texas
#33
Posted: 1/18/2012 5:12:21 PM
Ducks (assuming Bennett can play)...look tough..
they've signed some talent last few years....

4-5 star guys we didn't see much of LY..
like TE Colt Lyeria....6-5/240...fast and 40 inch vertical
 RB Tra Carson....6-0/230.....5.6/rush LY...
TE Christian French....6-6/235...10.6 wtf
WR Devon Blackmon....(nation's #2 WR in 2010)
 *and esp signed more size at DE and DT

bring 5 back on O....plus RB Barner (7 starts > 939 yds...6.2/rush...11 TD) .....and WR/RB Thomas (595 yds...7 TD...10.8/rush)....

3/5 OL return....59 starts

lose excellent TE Paulson and great downfield blocker in WR Tuinei...but replacements should eventually be better....Ducks downfield passing game could be MUCH better...when combined with a MUCH better running QB.....watchout?

Defense brings back 7.....and 7/11 tacklers
lose MLB Stuckey...SS Pleasant...SLB Kaddu...and DE Turner.....(# 3...4...6...7 tacklers)
Ducks rotate a lot on D...smart move by DC Aliotti in 2010.... to help keep up with offensive pace...
    note > Ducks were.....and have been .....absolute gold in the 2H of games....and a big reason is their D...who almost always tightens up considerably late in games

DB > 50 starts back
LB > 13
DL > 36


quote
thorpe send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
thorpe
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 8783
Location:
#34
Posted: 1/18/2012 9:32:27 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bookieassassin:




Despite what Bama homers (and talking heads at ESPN say)....IMO Bama schedule not that bad....as there are really 2 challenges (big ones) in 13 weeks..
sure they might fall asleep at Tenn or Mizzou ....Michigan MAYBE....but doubtful


For Bama, it is not a bad schedule.  But for any other team, it is very difficult.  At Arkansas and LSU are road games at top 5 caliber teams.  Michigan is top 10 or 15.  Missou could be top 15 or 20.  A&M, Miss St, Tenn and Auburn are all 25 to 30 potentially.

Oregon has only one top 5 on the road in USC,   Washington is top 15 or 25 (maybe as high as 10 if they catch some breaks) and that is in Autzen.   Cal is 30-35 and is tough at home.

Season Wins = I would put Oregon at over 10.5 -150.  They have a chance to beat USC and I don't see them losing more than 1 other game at worst.

Bama - over 10 -140 or over 10.5 +125.  You can't put this line too high IMO because of @LSU and @Arkansas.  I think they win 1 out of 2.  The rest of the games they lose maybe 1 game .  Always a possibility of a hangover when your BCS champs  

quote
thorpe send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
thorpe
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 8783
Location:
#35
Posted: 1/18/2012 9:39:29 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bookieassassin:

Ducks (assuming Bennett can play)...look tough..
they've signed some talent last few years....

4-5 star guys we didn't see much of LY..
like TE Colt Lyeria....6-5/240...fast and 40 inch vertical
 RB Tra Carson....6-0/230.....5.6/rush LY...
TE Christian French....6-6/235...10.6 wtf
WR Devon Blackmon....(nation's #2 WR in 2010)
 *and esp signed more size at DE and DT

bring 5 back on O....plus RB Barner (7 starts > 939 yds...6.2/rush...11 TD) .....and WR/RB Thomas (595 yds...7 TD...10.8/rush)....

3/5 OL return....59 starts

lose excellent TE Paulson and great downfield blocker in WR Tuinei...but replacements should eventually be better....Ducks downfield passing game could be MUCH better...when combined with a MUCH better running QB.....watchout?

Defense brings back 7.....and 7/11 tacklers
lose MLB Stuckey...SS Pleasant...SLB Kaddu...and DE Turner.....(# 3...4...6...7 tacklers)
Ducks rotate a lot on D...smart move by DC Aliotti in 2010.... to help keep up with offensive pace...
    note > Ducks were.....and have been .....absolute gold in the 2H of games....and a big reason is their D...who almost always tightens up considerably late in games

DB > 50 starts back
LB > 13
DL > 36




I hope Oregon gets downgraded after losing their QB and RB.  I'd love to get Oregon at +2200 to win the BCS next year, but I think this what we see for the top 5

Bama +400
LSU +500
USC +800
Arkansas +1200
Oregon +1200


quote
bookieassassin send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
bookieassassin
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 5874
Location: Texas
#36
Posted: 1/19/2012 1:55:13 AM
current at the Greek....

1601     Alabama         +500     
1602     Arkansas         +1800     
1603     Auburn           +5000     
1604     Arizona         +12500     
1605     Boise State         +6600     
1606     Boston College         +20000     
1607     BYU                 +17500     
1608     California         +8000     
1609     Cincinnati         +8000     
1610     Clemson         +3000     
1611     Florida            +5000     
1612     Florida State     +1500     
1613     Georgia         +1800     
1614     Georgia Tech    +15000     
1615     Iowa               +10000     
1616     Kansas State     +5000     
1617     LSU         +400     
1618     Miami         +12500     
1619     Michigan         +3000     
1620     Michigan State         +7500     
1621     Missouri            +10000     
1622     Mississippi State         +8000     
1623     Nebraska         +3500     
1624     North Carolina         +10000     
1625     Notre Dame         +2500     
1627     Oklahoma         +1000     
1628     Oklahoma State      +8000     
1629     Oregon              +1200     
1630     Oregon State         +25000     
1631     Penn State         +12500     
1632     Pittsburgh         +12500     
1633     South Carolina         +3500     
1634     South Florida         +12500     
1635     Stanford            +10000     
1636     TCU                 +5000     
1637     Tennessee         +10000     
1638     Texas               +2800     
1639     Texas A&M         +12000     
1640     UCLA              +17500     
1641     USC               +1000     
1642     Virginia Tech         +2500     
1643     Washington         +10000     
1644     West Virginia         +3000     
1645     Wisconsin         +6000     
1646     Field         +1500     

 

 **forgot...since Kelly took over at Oregon....they've lost 1 game....when an opponent only had a week to prepare.....
quote
Forum Index : College Football : Messages Page 2 of 2  1 2  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.