Atlanta Hawks at Miami Heat (-7, 195.5)
The Miami Heat have enjoyed considerable success versus the Atlanta Hawks - although they've dropped two of their last three to their Southeast Division rivals at AmericanAirlines Arena. Miami will vie for its fifth straight victory and 11th in 13 outings against Atlanta when the teams meet in South Beach on Monday. The Heat improved to 1-1 on their six-game homestand with a 106-90 triumph over New Orleans on Saturday.
The Hawks posted their third straight win and ninth in 10 outings on Saturday after riding an impressive 20-0 surge in the third quarter to a victory over Memphis. Al Horford collected his fifth double-double in as many games with 19 points and 14 rebounds versus the Grizzlies, but registered a season-low 10 points against Miami on Nov. 9. Chris Bosh scored 24 points as the visiting Heat secured a 95-89 victory in that contest.
TV: 7:30 p.m. ET, SportSouth (Atlanta), Sun Sports (Miami)
ABOUT THE HAWKS (12-5, 7-9-1 ATS): Atlanta will look to utilize its speed and quickness against Miami. Guards Jeff Teague, Devin Harris and Lou Williams will need to keep the Heat on edge if Atlanta looks to continue its winning ways. Leading scorer Josh Smith is having a breakout season by averaging 17 points, but shot just 6-for-19 from the field in the team's previous outing on Nov. 9.
ABOUT THE HEAT (13-5, 8-10 ATS): Bosh admitted that he welcomes Atlanta's challenge. "In the division and the conference, it's lonely at the top," he said. "So you don't want to be by yourselves up there." Miami fell out of the conference's top spot after losses to Washington and New York, but rebounded by shooting a season-best 58 percent against New Orleans. Dwyane Wade scored 26 points and LeBron James added 24 as the Heat used a 33-10 edge in the second quarter to pull away from the Hornets.
* Under is 13-3 in the last 16 meetings in Miami.
* Favorite is 5-2 ATS in the last seven meetings.
* Under is 17-7 in the last 24 meetings.
* Hawks are 7-17 ATS in the last 24 meetings in Miami.
* Hawks are 3-9 ATS in the last 12 meetings.
* Road team is 8-0 ATS in the last eight meetings.
1. Miami veteran G Ray Allen needs six points to pass Adrian Dantley (23,177) for 22nd place on the NBA's all-time scoring list.
2. Atlanta G-F Kyle Korver has missed four consecutive games with back spasms.
3. The Heat are 9-1 at home this season