Australian Open betting tidbits: Day 3
As the Australian Open heads into Round 2, we dug up some more essential betting tidbits for Day 3 of the tennis action down under.
Leonardo Mayer v Novak Djokovic (2)
- Djokovic won his First Round match in straight sets which lasted one hour 50 minutes. He committed 20 unforced errors.
- This is the first time Mayer has ever been past the First Round in the Aussie Open.
Sam Querry v Ernests Gublis (23)
- Querrey served 24 aces in his First Round match.
- Gublis had an incredible 79 unforced errors in his opening round match.
Nikolay Davydenko v Richard Gasquet (9)
- Davydenko won the final two sets of a five set match with Lukasz Kubot.
- Gasquet defeated Davydenko in straight sets in the Third Round of the French Open.
Tommy Robredo (17) v Julien Benneteau
- Robredi needed five sets, including an 8-6 final set to defeat Lukas Rosol in the First Round.
- Benneteau also needed five sets to advance to the Second Round.
Stanislas Wawrinka (8) v Alejandro Falla
- Wawrinka lost in last year's Fourth Round in an epic five setter against Djokovic, losing the final set 12-10.
- This is Falla's first match of the tournament.
Adrian Mannarino v David Ferrer (3)
- In his five set opening round match Mannarino only had three unforced errors.
- Ferrer breezed through his opening round match in straight sets and has advanced to Third Round in seven of the last eight years.
Tomas Berdych (7) v Kenny De Schepper
- Berdych has qualified for the Aussie Open Quarterfinals the last three years.
- This is only De Schepper's second Australian Open and first time in the Second Round.