Essential betting tidbits for Week 8 of the NFL
We dug up these vital betting tidbits for some of Sunday's NFL action that will help you make the right call before kickoff.
- Since a 27-7 loss to the Indianapolis Colts in Week 3, the San Francisco 49ers are 4-0 SU and ATS in their last four games overall. The Niners are 14.5-point faves against Jacksonville in London, England.
- The Niners secondary will have their hands full with Jags WR Justin Blackmon. Since Week 5, Blackmon leads the NFL with 25 catches and 384 yards.
- The Kansas City Chiefs lead the NFL with 35 sacks. The Chiefs face a weak Browns pass protection who allow their QBs to be sacked an average of 3.9 times per game.
- The New England Patriots have won 13-straight home games against AFC East opponents, but are just 5-8 ATS during that stretch. The Pats are 6-point home faves with the Miami Dolphins in town.
- The Dolphins are good to backers in recent Week 8 games. Miami is 11-1 ATS in its last 12 games in Week 8.
- The New Orleans Saints are the top Covers consensus play among home teams at 66 percent. They are 3-0 SU and ATS in their three home games this season and are 11-point home faves versus Buffalo.
- It is rare when the Bills and Saints meet, but when they do, the fave is 4-0 in the last four meetings.
- The Dallas Cowboys defense has smartened up since getting picked apart by Peyton and the Broncos. The Cowboys have held their last two opponents to a combined 19 points.
- That D will be tested by the Detroit Lions, however. The past four times these teams have met, the Over is 4-0. Sunday's total is currently 51.
- The Giants meet the Eagles in an NFC East battle Sunday. The dog is 13-4-1 in the last 18 meetings. The G-Men are 5.5-point road dogs.
- Home is not where the heart is for the Eagles, however. Philly is 0-9 SU and ATS in its last nine home games.
- Aren't bye weeks supposed to be good? Not for the Raiders, apparently. The Raiders are 1-9 ATS and 0-10 SU in their last 10 games following a bye.
- Perhaps a visit from the Steeles will put a cork in the Raiders post-bye week woes. The Steelers are just 1-4 ATS in the last five meetings. The Steelers are 1-point road faves.
- The New York Jets are 4-0 SU and ATS in their last four meetings with the Cincinnati Bengals. The Jets are 6-point road dogs.
- Total bettors should look at the Falcons at Cardinals game. The Over is 5-0 in the last five meetings at 'Zona and the Over is 8-2 in the last 10 meetings. Sunday's total is 46.
- The top Covers consensus play on totals is the Over in the matchup between the Washington Redskins at Denver Broncos at 77 percent. The total is currently 58.5.
- The Green Bay Packers are the top Covers consensus pick for Sunday at 72 percent. The Pack are 9.5-point road faves at Minnesota Sunday night.