Boston Red Sox a good bet in tough travel spots
The Boston Red Sox have a heck of a travel schedule.
The BoSox, who featured - and lost 9-6 - in Sunday Night Baseball playing host to their American League East rival New York Yankees, must board an airplane and fly across the country 2,718 miles to open a three-game set with the San Francisco Giants in California.
Travel can take its toll on a club, but the Red Sox are seemingly immune to long travel woes.
When looking at the five longest trips the Sox have made to play the following day, the Sox are 4-1.
* The Sox played May 5 in Arlington, Texas and traveled 1,586 miles to play home the following day. They defeated the Minnesota Twins 6-5.
* The Sox played May 16 in Tampa Bay and traveled 1,316 miles to play in Minnesota the following day. They defeated the Twins 3-2.
* The Sox played June 9 in Boston and traveled 1,224 miles to play in Tampa the following day. They defeated the Rays 10-8.
* The Sox played July 4 in Boston and traveled 2,593 miles to play in Los Angeles the following day. They defeated the Angels 6-2.
* The Sox played August 4 in Boston and traveled 1,626 miles to play in Houston the following day. They lose to the Astros 2-0.
The BoSox are currently -120 road faves in San Francisco in Monday night's game.