Borussia Dortmund-Real Madrid betting preview
The first leg of the Champions League semifinal between Borussia Dortmund and Real Madrid is Wednesday.
Here's a few betting notes to help with your handicapping.
(All lines courtesy of Bet365.com) Wednesday April 24Borussia Dortmund v Real Madrid +170 +260 +163
* These two teams have already met in the group stage. Dortmund won 2-1 on October 24 at home and the clubs drew 2-2 on November 6 in Madrid.
* Real Madrid and Spanish national team captain and goalkeeper Iker Casillas is expected to be on the bench for the fifth straight match in all competitions after returning from a fractured hand. Goalkeeper Diego Lopez has kept three clean sheets in 17 games since joining the club in January.
* Real Madrid will be sweating out on the status of a few defenders. Alvaro Arbeloa is suspended after picking up a red card in the second leg of the quarterfinal against Galatasaray. Marcelo will miss the match after picking up an injury on the weekend. Sergio Ramos and Fabio Coentrao also missed the weekend match against Real Betis.
* Real Madrid has kept one clean sheet in 10 Champions League matches this year.
* Borussia Dortmund forward Robert Lewandowski announced on his Facebook page that he will play against Real Madrid after having thigh pain in his team's last match against Mainz. Lewandowski has scored 10 goals in the past 10 games and scored against Real Madrid in October.
* Borussia Dortmund has won all five home matches in the Champions League, outscoring the opposition 10-3. Futures odds:
Bayern Munich -125
Real Madrid +210
Borussia Dortmund +600