Anaheim Ducks at Dallas Stars (+104, 5)
The Anaheim Ducks attempt to extend their winning streak to five games when they visit the Pacific Division-rival Dallas Stars on Friday. Anaheim kicked off its six-game road trip with a 3-0 triumph over the Avalanche in Colorado on Wednesday as Viktor Fasth made 31 saves for his first NHL shutout and defenseman Sheldon Souray recorded a goal and an assist. With the victory, the Ducks extended their point streak to six games (5-0-1) and moved into a tie atop the division with the San Jose Sharks.
Dallas completed a 2-1-0 road trip Wednesday with a 3-2 overtime win over the Edmonton Oilers. Jamie Benn recorded a goal and an assist while Jaromir Jagr set up a tally before scoring the game-winner 1:46 into the extra session. After hosting Anaheim, the Stars head back to Edmonton, where they begin another three-game trek on Tuesday.TV:
8:30 p.m. ET, NHL Network, FSN West (Anaheim), FSN Southwest (Dallas)ABOUT THE DUCKS (7-1-1):
The impressive play of Fasth has given Anaheim one of the best goaltending tandems in the league. The 30-year-old, who won his second straight Honken Trophy - the Swedish Elite League's version of the Vezina - last season, is 4-0-0 with a 0.98 goals-against average and .962 save percentage. "He's played amazing in every game," Souray told the team's website. "He makes a big save and it gives the team confidence. He's definitely done his job, and beyond." Jonas Hiller, the Ducks' starting netminder, is 3-1-1 with a 3.54 GAA and has lost his last six starts against Dallas. Souray has scored a goal in three straight games.
ABOUT THE STARS (5-5-1):
It's no surprise Jagr decided Wednesday's game. He is the NHL's all-time leader in overtime goals (17) and trails Phil Esposito (118) for the most game-winners in league history. The tally was the 668th of his career, tying him with Hall of Famer Luc Robitaille for 10th place on the all-time list. After recording just one assist over his first four games, Benn has registered three goals and five points in his last two contests. Goaltender Kari Lehtonen is just 7-5-2 lifetime against the Ducks but has posted a shutout in his last two home starts versus Anaheim.TRENDS:
* Six of the last seven Ducks games have played under
* Anaheim wasn't favored by more than -128 during its four-game winning streak
* The under is 3-1-2 in the Stars' last six games
* Stars are 1-7 in their last 8 games following a win.
* Stars are 5-21 in their last 26 vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
1. The Stars won five of the six meetings between the teams last season and are 7-1-2 in the last 10 encounters.
2. Anaheim has captured only eight of its last 31 visits to Dallas.
3. Fasth is the first goalie to win his first four NHL games since San Jose's Nolan Schaefer accomplished the feat in 2005.