NBA game of the day: Clippers at Jazz
Los Angeles Clippers at Utah Jazz (1.5, 197)
The Utah Jazz are undefeated at home and the Los Angeles Clippers hope they have ended their woes when visiting Salt Lake City. The Jazz put their 6-0 home mark on the line against the Clippers on Monday and Los Angeles looks for its second straight road win against Utah. The Clippers won 107-105 last February after going nine years without winning in Salt Lake City. The victory snapped a 16-game losing streak in Utah.
The Clippers have won two straight games after losing their previous four. They routed the Sacramento Kings 116-81 on Saturday and are tied for first place in the Pacific Division with the Golden State Warriors. Los Angeles is 3-3 on the road. Utah has lost two consecutive contests and allowed 124 points – second-most of the campaign – in Saturday’s loss to Houston. The Jazz are in second place in the Northwest Division, five games behind the Oklahoma City Thunder.TV:
9 p.m. ET, Prime Ticket (Los Angeles), ROOT (Utah)ABOUT THE CLIPPERS (10-6):
The Los Angeles bench outscored Sacramento’s reserves 58-26 in Saturday’s rout. Guards Jamal Crawford (17 points) and Eric Bledsoe (14) and forward Matt Barnes (12) all scored in double digits. “They are just solid,” star point guard Chris Paul said. “They are good teammates and guys that you need on your team if you are going to try to win a championship.” Crawford led the Clippers in scoring for the sixth time this season and has reached double figures in every game this season.
ABOUT THE JAZZ (9-9):
Utah has been shaky on defense and has allowed over 100 points in four of the past five games. Houston rolled up 39 fourth-quarter points and tallied at least 27 in every quarter while beating the Jazz. “Lately, we haven’t been getting stops,” guard Randy Foye said. “You can’t look at different numbers and plays from the game and say, ‘If we would’ve got this, or if we would’ve did that.’ Top to bottom, we’re not getting the job done on defense.”TRENDS:
* Clippers are 1-5 ATS in their last six games overall.
* Jazz are 1-5 ATS in their last six games overall.
* Over is 4-0 in Clippers’ last four overall.
* Over is 5-1 in the last six meetings.BUZZER BEATERS:
1. Los Angeles has won just two of its past 40 road games in the series.
2. The Jazz will be without F Marvin Williams (concussion) for the third straight game and F Derrick Favors (arch) could miss his second consecutive contest.
3. The Clippers are 8-0 when holding opponents to 43 percent or less from the field.