Kansas State at TCU: What bettors need to know
Kansas State at TCU (6.5, 57.5)
Kansas State football fans are hoping mom does know best. Quarterback Collin Klein, one of the front-runners for the Heisman Trophy and the leader of the undefeated and third-ranked Wildcats, was knocked out of last week's win over Oklahoma State with what is believed to be a head injury. Kansas State coach Bill Snyder on Tuesday said he was hopeful his star quarterback would be able to start Saturday's game at Texas Christian. Klein's mother took it a step further, telling ESPN that she her son "feels great" and she expected him to be "100 percent." The Horned Frogs have acquitted themselves well in their inaugural season in the Big 12 Conference and are coming off a dramatic victory in double overtime at West Virginia.TV:
7 p.m. ET, FOX. LINE:
K-State -6.5, O/U 57.5.WEATHER:
Forecasts are calling for temperatures in the low-70s under partly cloudy skies. Winds will blow out of the south at 16 mph.ABOUT KANSAS STATE (9-0, 6-0 Big 12):
Klein has been an indispensable weapon for the Wildcats, who are ranked No. 2 in the BCS standings. He leads the nation in passer efficiency and has accounted for 29 touchdowns - 17 rushing - for an offense that has scored more than 50 points five times. Klein has also not committed a turnover in the past six games, while Kansas State forced five against Oklahoma State to give it a plus-20 turnover margin for the season. Freshman Daniel Sams completed 5 of 6 passes for 45 yards and led the Wildcats to two field goals after Klein's exit. Wide receiver Tyler Lockett had five receptions for 75 yards and returned a kickoff 100 yards for a touchdown and Allen Chapman returned one of his three interceptions for a score.ABOUT TCU (6-3, 3-3):
The Horned Frogs staved off what appeared to be a certain defeat when Trevone Boykin connected with Josh Boyce on a 94-yard scoring strike with 1:28 left in regulation. Coach Gary Patterson then made a gutsy call in the second overtime by opting for a winning two-point conversion and a 39-38 victory rather than settling for an extra point and a third OT, making TCU bowl eligible for the eighth consecutive season. Boyce was named the conference's offensive player of the week after catching a pair of touchdown passes and making six catches for a career-high 180 yards. He also hauled in the winning conversion pass. Patterson played at Kansas State, graduating in 1983.TRENDS:
* Under is 5-0 in Wildcats’ last five road games.
* Wildcats are 7-1-1 ATS in their last nine road games.
* Horned Frogs are 1-10 ATS in their last 11 games following an ATS win.
* Over is 4-1 in Horned Frogs’ last five games overall.EXTRA POINTS:
1. Kansas State will be look to match the 1998 squad as the only teams in school history to start a season 10-0.
2. TCU is the only school in the nation to win at least 11 games in six of the last seven seasons and is 3-0 in its last three games against teams ranked in the top five.
3. Kansas State has scored 111 points off turnovers this season and has not allowed one off its own miscues.