Canadian Bacon: Week 12 CFL betting preview
With only eight weeks remaining on the CFL schedule, the playoff picture is beginning to take shape. Here are a few tidbits on the Week 12 matchups:
SATURDAYEdmonton at Hamilton (-3, 54)
The Hamilton Tiger-Cats (3-7) will try to halt a five-game losing skid when they host the Edmonton Eskimos (5-5) on Saturday. The Hamilton defense ranks dead last in the league in total yards allowed, passing yards allowed, rushing yards allowed and points allowed, a major reason why the over is 8-2 in Ticats games this season.Trends
* Hamilton is 8-2 O/U this season
* Tiger-Cats are 1-4 ATS in their last five games overall.
* Eskimos are 5-1 ATS in their last six Saturday games.Toronto at BC (-7, 46.5)
Two of the top teams in the league square off at B.C. Place this weekend, as the British Columbia Lions (7-3) entertain the Toronto Argonauts (6-4). The Lions are coming off a convincing victory over Montreal, marking the club’s fifth win in the last six games. B.C. has won four straight and 14 of its last 15 games over the Argos. Toronto beat up on Hamilton the past two weeks to post back-to-back victories.Trends
* Argonauts are 0-4 ATS in their last four meetings.
* Under is 4-1 in the last five meetings in B.C.
* Lions are 7-2 ATS in their last nine home games.SUNDAYSaskatchewan at Montreal (-6, 53.5)
The Montreal Alouettes (6-4) look to get back to their winning ways when they host the Saskatchewan Roughriders (5-5) on Sunday. Als QB Anthony Calvillo had his lowest passing total of the season in last week’s loss to B.C., completing only 16 attempts for 152 yards and a score. The Roughriders have posted back-to-back victories but also have issues at QB. Backup quarterback Drew Willy helped Saskatchewan slip past lowly Winnipeg 25-24 last week in relief of Darian Durant. The first-string signal-caller suffered a hip flexor injury early in the contest and may be sidelined against the Alouettes.Trends
* Roughriders are 5-0 ATS in their last five meetings in Montreal.
* Under is 13-2-1 in the last 16 meetings in Montreal.
* Alouettes are 2-8 ATS in their last 10 home games.