Astros' horrible betting numbers could be good for bettors
The Houston Astros
are so inconceivably terrible that we had to highlight some of their betting numbers just to show you how bad they are. For bettors, this could actually be a good thing. A consistent losing team can be just as profitable as a consistent winning one.
All numbers are prior to Wednesday's game against the Nationals where Houston is a +200 home dog.
- You already know they have the worst record in baseball at 36-75. They are also the worst team to bet on with a loss of $2907 for the player risking $100 per game.
- They are the worst team on the road at 11-46 for a loss of $2934. The next worst road team to bet on, Milwaukee, has lost only $1717.
- Houston has only won two of its last 19 games.
- No juice seems too high to fade the Astros. They have lost their last 10 games when set as a +200 underdog or greater.
- They are 1-9 in their last 10 home games, even though they've turned a profit of $27 for bettors at home this season.
- They rank 27th in runs scored in MLB (3.79 per game) and 27th in ERA (4.75).