Sunday's betting tips: Dempster on pitch count
WEATHER TO WATCH
It is going to be steamy in Washington, D.C. again on Sunday with temperatures rising to the high 90's. Before you jump on the over, note the wind is expected to blow inward toward home by game time at 10 mph.WHO'S HOT
- Under is 19-7 in Diamondbacks last 26 Sunday games
- Angels are 8-1 in their last 9 games vs. a left-handed starter
- Under is 6-0 in the last 6 meetings between the Twins and Rangers (prior to Saturday's game)
- Athletics are 11-1 in their last 12 home games vs. a right-handed starter
- Astros are 4-20 in Jordan Lyles' last 24 starts
- Mariners are 0-4 in their last 4 games with Jeff Nelson behind home plate
- Red Sox are 2-11 in Lesters last 13 starts vs. a team with a winning record
70 to 80 - That's the number of pitches Cubs starter Ryan Dempster will be limited to in his return to the mound after 16 days with a sore throwing shoulder. Dempster's 2.11 ERA would rank first in the National League if he had enough innings to qualify. The Cubs have the 26th ranked bullpen in MLB with a 4.56 ERA.INJURY THAT SHOULD NOT BE OVERLOOKED
Kia Vaughn, center New York Liberty - Vaughn is the starting center for the Liberty and is questionable Sunday at home vs. San Antonio with a concussion. Vaughn averages 8.8 pts and 5.8 rebounds per game. GAME OF THE DAYYankees vs. Red Sox
(-115, 10) NOTES AND TIPS
The final day before the All-Star game can be tricky and oftentimes strange. Manage your bankroll accordingly and remember that sometimes the best play is the one you don't make.
The home team is 6-1 (5-2 ATS) so far in the CFL. The Roughriders are 3.5-point favorites in their home opener against Edmonton on Sunday.