UCLA at Georgetown (6.5)
After sitting out three games due to NCAA violations, highly touted UCLA freshman Shabazz Muhammad will make his much anticipated debut against Georgetown in the Legends Classic at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center. The 6-6 guard, ranked among the top recruits in the nation, was reinstated Friday by the NCAA after hearing an appeal from the Bruins. Georgetown could also be at full strength if sophomore forward Otto Porter Jr. returns from a concussion that kept him out of Wednesday’s 68-59 win over Liberty. The winner of the UCLA-Georgetown game faces the winner of the other semifinal between No. 1 Indiana and Georgia on Tuesday. The losing team will play in Tuesday's consolation game.
TV: 8 p.m. ET, ESPN2.
ABOUT GEORGETOWN (2-0): Sophomore forward Greg Whittington scored 18 points and grabbed nine rebounds against Liberty, but it wasn’t a dominating effort for the Hoyas. Georgetown appeared unfocused in the second half, which could be expected considering the team’s youth. Georgetown’s roster doesn’t include a single senior and features 10 freshmen and sophomores. Freshman guard D’Vauntes Smith-Rivera averages a team-high 15 points, while Whittington has 24 rebounds through two games. Porter, a preseason All-Big East first-team selection, averaged 9.7 points and 6.8 rebounds last season.
ABOUT NO. 14 UCLA (3-0): With Muhammad’s eligibility drama behind them, the Bruins look to build on a promising start. Sophomore guard Norman Powell scored a career-high 27 points in a 110-70 win over James Madison on Thursday, and guard Jordan Adams is the first freshman in UCLA history to record at least 20 points in each of his first three college games. Adams is averaging 24 points, while senior point guard Larry Drew II has 25 assists through three games. Freshman guard Kyle Anderson is averaging a team-high 7.9 rebounds.
* Bruins are 1-5 ATS in their last six neutral site games.
* Hoyas are 1-4 ATS in their last five games following a win.
* Under is 4-1 in Hoyas’ last five overall.
* Over is 13-3 in Bruins’ last 16 neutral site games.
1. UCLA junior guard Tyler Lamb is listed as a gametime decision after missing the last two contests with a swollen knee.
2. Georgetown has been outscored in the second half of its first two games by seven points after outscoring opponents 68-46 in the first half.
3. UCLA won both previous meetings against Georgetown, in 2001 and 2003.