Ohio State Buckeyes at Duke Blue Devils (-5, 144)
The premier matchup of the ACC/Big Ten Challenge takes place Wednesday when No. 4 Ohio State makes its first-ever visit to Cameron Indoor Stadium to play No. 2 Duke.
The Buckeyes have won all four of their games by double digits, most recently destroying UMKC 91-45 on Friday. The Blue Devils have played a much tougher schedule; their 6-0 start includes victories over then Top-3 teams Kentucky and Louisville. Duke will try to avenge last season’s 85-63 loss in Columbus, which dropped the Blue Devils to 11-2 in the Challenge. Ohio State is 5-5 in the event.
TV: 9:30 p.m. ET, ESPN
ABOUT NO. 4 OHIO STATE (4-0, 2-1 ATS): The Buckeyes lead the nation in 3-point shooting at 48 percent (32 of 67) and rank ninth in overall field-goal percentage (52.1). They’re also in the Top 10 in assist-to-turnover ratio (6th/+1.63) and fewest turnovers per game (5th/9.5). Junior F Deshaun Thomas averages 24 points and 7.3 rebounds, while junior PG Aaron Craft – last season’s Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year -- chips in 14.3 points and 5.3 assists. Junior G Lenzelle Smith, the third returning starter, averages 11.5 points and 5.3 rebounds. All three have upper their scoring averages following the departures of Jared Sullinger and William Buford.
ABOUT DUKE NO. 2 (6-0, 4-2 ATS): Having just survived a stacked field to win the Battle 4 Atlantis, Duke has won 23 straight regular-season games. All five starters are averaging in double figures, led by 6-10 senior Mason Plumlee (19.7 points, 10 rebounds). Senior G Seth Curry is nursing a right shin injury, but that didn’t stop him from averaging a team-high 18 points in the Bahamas. He was scheduled to get a few days off leading into this game. Tourney MVP Quinn Cook averaged 13.7 points and 6.3 assists over the three games. The Blue Devils have hit 12 more 3-pointers than Ohio State, but shoot a significantly lower percentage (37.3).
* Buckeyes are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 vs. Atlantic Coast.
* Blue Devils are 3-13 ATS in their last 16 home games.
* Over is 5-1 in Buckeyes' last six vs. Atlantic Coast.
* Over is 6-0 in Blue Devils' last six vs. Big Ten.
1. Ohio State is 7-15 all-time against No. 2-ranked teams. The Buckeyes are 147-231 all-time against ranked opponents.
2. Duke and Ohio State have split six all-time meetings.
3. Craft has 177 career steals, third on Ohio State’s all-time list behind David Lighty (191) and Jay Burson (204).